Lightweight Browser

Last Updated:

1. Yesevil

Yesevil Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good lightweight browser for my S3. I've tried all the usual browsers, Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin etc.

I'm looking for something different, something small and fast. I've tried Maxthon, Boat and Naked but all seem to be missing something that I just cant put my finger on.

I use Comodo IceDragon on my laptop and wondered if there was anything similar for my S3

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. kman9637

kman9637 Well-Known Member

Yesevil likes this.
  3. Yesevil

Cheers mate. Had a quick look at Puffin, will give it a try for a couple of days and see how I get on with it.
    Also found a browser called Sleipnir, which seems ok.
  4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Well-Known Member

I use InBrowser (extremely lightweight and quite private).
  5. Daniel

Daniel Guest

I know you said you didn't like maxthon, but ive been using it for a couple weeks now and its great :) Especially great with the cloud tabs function, as well as cloud downloads. I use it combined with the desktop version (i have a mac) and it works well, especially with the desktop's trackpad gestures.

I noticed you didn't mention opera in the first post... Its pretty big, so im guessing you've tried it.
    I'm not a fan of the super-minimal ideas personally tho, so our tastes are probably very different.
  6. nakedbrowser

nakedbrowser Member

Dolphin, Maxthon, Boat...almost every Android browser is crapware that is wasting your battery power, bandwidth, and CPU as it is busy spying on you. Garbage should be banned from the Play Store.
  7. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Opera Mini would probably suit your needs very well.
  8. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I would recommend Opera Mini as well.
  9. Yesevil

Thanks guys. I'll give Opera Mini a try
  10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Dolphin and Naked are my two browsers lately. Used Opera Mini for maybe 2yrs on slower phones. Think it had problems downloading though(?)
  11. nakedbrowser

nakedbrowser Member

[PRIVACY] WARNING: Dolphin's collection of your browsing history. Dolphin now encrypts the data that they phone home so there is no way to know what information they are collecting. They are not alone either: Boat, UC, Maxthon, Puffin...almost every Android browser is crapware.

Even if you do not care about your privacy--and you should--spying wastes battery power, bandwidth, and CPU.