Like Pandora? Too bad! You bought EVO!Support

Last Updated:

1. ChuckBot1

ChuckBot1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Pandora most of the time unusable on the EVO. I bought a smart phone just for this app and it doesn't work for squat, especially not at the gym. I've been going on a complaining rampage.

If it doesn't work, fine, but every damn Android commercial and every phone sales person will tell you the app works fine. It doesn't work at all. I've wasted $500 and will continue to waste $100 every month for two years until my contract expires. In conclusion, if anyone knows where I can e-mail Google customer service dept. to continue my complaining rampage, I'd be muchas gracias.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. ChuckBot1

ChuckBot1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Edit: ooo here's a good e-mail from a Pandora rep that descibes a defect with the Android. Anyone aware of this?

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with Pandora on my Droid X.

4. zainy

zainy New Member

I have zero issues using pandora on my evo and my hero.

im running fresh rom on my evo and cyanogen nightly on my hero. however that should affect it that much.

5. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member

Pandora runs pretty fine on my Evo, nor has anyone from my EVO fan page has mentioned any issues.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ive had 5 evo's, and pandora works perfectly on all of them. It would really help if you described the exact problem you are having, and more details, such as your signal strength, have you tried it on wifi, etc.

So you bought a 500 dollar phone JUST to use pandora? i find that hard to believe that you will NEVER call anyone, text, email, or browse the web on it...

Oddball likes this.
  7. steveltx

steveltx Member

pandora works just fine on my evo but i hardly even use it since i do so many other things with my phone

8. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Pandora works flawlessly on my Evo. Use it everyday at work just about.

Moving this thread to the Evo support & Troubleshooting, maybe some Evo users have had similar issues and fixes.

9. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Pandora works fine on my EVO, my brother's EVO, and my fiance's EVO.

But you arent telling us what the problem is, so how can we tell you how to fix it?

10. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I was streaming Pandora for about 4-5 hours straight last night while playing on my PC. I have an EVO, and not once did I notice any issues at all. Not one single issue...

At home, I am on WiFi...so perhaps there is something about using the 3G for streaming...however, this morning on the way to work, I streamed Pandora on my EVO for about 45 minutes straight with NO ISSUES AT ALL using the 3G data stream from Sprint.

I think there is something else wrong with your EVO and how it interacts with Pandora, YMMV. Good luck to you on getting this worked out.

11. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Check your settings and make sure you have the cell quality one on normal instead of high. It will still sound fine, but use less bandwidth, which will use less data and memory. Also, you mention that it doesn't work well in your gym; that may be a cell signal quality issue caused by the building and the location.

12. Rambler358

Rambler358 Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't help as my EVO works quite well with Pandora.

The only thing I don't like is not having the widget available when Pandora is moved to the SD card. But this problem isn't restricted to Pandora.

13. RaiderNations

RaiderNations Member

That sucks for you. My EVO and the rest of the world seem to doing fine using Pandora.

14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

other than the occasional random song skips mine works great

15. fyallm

fyallm New Member

Hey ChuckBot. I am having issues with Pandora and Last.FM as well. It seems that it will randomly stop playing a song and then just skip to the next one. It is totally random but I think it happens when something is using the 3G service. But with my EVO shouldn't I be able to run multiple things at once?

It seems I got the same canned response as you from a Pandora rep.

Will going through and clearing the cache on all my apps maybe help this? Is there any downside to periodically clearing all of the cache to free up space?

16. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I'm joining the "my Pandora on Evo works fine" crowd, with the note that it's good on WiFi, 3G and 4G for me.

17. cessnapilot

cessnapilot Member

I am having the same exact problem! and it is always on a song I really like too. Its like the people at pandora know the songs I like from my thumbs up and are screwing with me! lol

but seriously it sucks, I just switched to normal from high quality and uninstall/reinstalled it so hopefully that will help. It is not a signal issue either

18. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

I never had one single problem with Pandora until the Evo was upgraded to 2.2

19. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Why don't you try posting in one of the threads about Pandora that can actually help you instead of one where the OP was just too stupid to use a smart phone?

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...256734-having-pandora-issues-poll-please.html

or

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/88082-pandora-evo.html

20. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

^ I don't see a reason for name calling but thank you for linking the current active threads. There really was no reason to revive this one lol

21. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

The OP joined the forum to make 2 posts bagging the evo when it was probably operator error anyway and then left. I don't see a reason not to call him names. :)

The guy that bumped the thread was fine, he was obviously searching before asking questions.

22. cessnapilot

cessnapilot Member

Thanks for providing those links, hopefully they will give me some insight into the issue.

The OP was probably just pissed it wasn't working properly for him and then realized he looked like a fool after pretty much everyone said it was working perfect for them lol