• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Limit email attachment size

jjsaunt

Lurker
Jan 6, 2011
I know this may seem backward for people who are into sending huge pictures and videos by email, but I am hoping to stay on the minimum data plan. I got the phone for business - I need a phone, portable calendar, voice recording, travel maps and email. (okay, okay I may play a game now that I have something to play with and those ebooks look interesting).

I have client who sent me huge accounting data files as attachments. I will NEVER need to open them on the phone. Are they all going to download to my cell phone or do the attachments stay out there unless I "open" them.

Is there anyway to limit the email size that the phone will accept - like anything less than 500K??

I'll give it a try..... but oh my!! Doctor Who on my cell phone. My family is going to laugh. I was heavily involved with a Doctor Who fan club during the Tom Baker years - and that was in the US!

If I switch to this - how do I remove the email accounts from the default email programs and can I remove the email icon from the home page?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones