• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Limit running apps on Rooted Droid

Ok so I've noticed that a lot of my apps (skype mobile, email, gmail, etc) keep booting up when I don't turn them on. I know that there just checking for updates and doing there job, but I would really prefer it if I could run the updates manually and save the phone's very limited RAM. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, my phone is rooted so that should open up more options in terms of fixing this

Not interested in debating the value of a ATK as we have done that to death in other threads, I believe in them and that is that, so you might look into one.

Well said, I believe in them too!!! Also not willing to debate it! I found that System Panel works well, I use to use ATK however, I get a lot more "system info" with System Panel, they also have a "Lite" version (Free)...works very good, check it out!

Paid version: SystemPanel App / Task Manager - Android app on AppBrain
Free version: SystemPanelLite Task Manager - Android app on AppBrain

Cheers! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones