Limit running apps on Rooted Droid

Last Updated:

1. Captainflowers91

Captainflowers91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I've noticed that a lot of my apps (skype mobile, email, gmail, etc) keep booting up when I don't turn them on. I know that there just checking for updates and doing there job, but I would really prefer it if I could run the updates manually and save the phone's very limited RAM. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, my phone is rooted so that should open up more options in terms of fixing this

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

You could try downloading Root Tools from the Android Market and using the "free memory" option. there you have the option to keep your RAM from going below a certain amount of memory (50mb, 75mb, 100mb).

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Something like ATK could help as well kill apps under certain conditions you can dictate. Not interested in debating the value of a ATK as we have done that to death in other threads, I believe in them and that is that, so you might look into one.

4. jbulluck

jbulluck Well-Known Member

Well said, I believe in them too!!! Also not willing to debate it! I found that System Panel works well, I use to use ATK however, I get a lot more "system info" with System Panel, they also have a "Lite" version (Free)...works very good, check it out!

Paid version: SystemPanel App / Task Manager - Android app on AppBrain
    Free version: SystemPanelLite Task Manager - Android app on AppBrain

Cheers! :D

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

wow, that SystemPanel is pretty stout, I might have to check it out. is it a battery drainer with all that data collection?