• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

limited number of icons/widgets

MtnbikerChk

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I always feel silly asking a question because I feel either I missed it when someone else posted or I should be able to figure out the answer on my own.

Anyway here goes....

You know how on the iphone/ipod touch you're icons all go on the screen and when the screen fills up you can add more screens and scroll to the right?

Is the droid limited to the three screens I see? (the main, the left and the right for lack of better terms)

I know the rest are in the tab below but I kind of use the screens as my "most often used apps."

You're limited to 3 screens right now, unless you do one of a few things.

1. You can install a third party home program that will give you more screens. If you don't want to mess with themes or appearance, you can use Launcher+ which allows you to use 5 or 7 screens, can't remember right now.

2. Root the phone and install a custom ROM that has more homescreens.

3. Set up folders and put multiple apps in them.

4. Wait for the 2.1 official update (soon) which should allow you more screens by default.

Option 1 is probably the most simple for most people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones