• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root limited overclocking

Had my second complete freeze and battery pull last night as I tried to access a message from the lock screen. Went back to stock kernel.
Yeah hard to fault being prudent. Lets admit all these kernals are still in an alpha/beta state. I will continue to trumpet the stability of jt's original. Although I am noticing that the battery drain is perhaps more than I thought. I originally placed it around 6-8% [same use over the course of a day]. Now I'd place it closer to 10%. That might not sound like much to some but what I mean is if on stock I'd start the day at 99% I'd end at 37% lets say. Now Im ending at 27% per se.
In fact yesterday my phone actually powered down due to 100% battery drain and that hasnt happened to me since week 1 when I was trying to fully drain it. This was after just 15 hours off the charger. Now admittedly, I made over 4 hours of phone calls on top of everything else I did but still I definitely notice increased drain with this kernal. So Im tempting to try the stock voltage 1200's but between stability and battery life I will take stability. After all 15 hours under those conditions is good enough for me especially since normally I dont make 4-5 hours of phone calls in a day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones