• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Line In audio recording through headphone jack?

I would say no. It would be like any other audio device. You need to have an intput. The headphone jack is an output. That port is for anything coming out of the phone not going in. So an app wouldn't fix a hardware problem.

If I were you I would invest in a good quality sound recorder. You can get the H1 for like $50-$100 on ebay. I use it all the time for film sound and videography. Sounds great!

Upvote 0
It actually is an input as well for a miced headset but its mono and probably limited range. You'd need some sort of adapter to connect up right as well as attenuate down to mic level. Then any voice recorder app would work. It's not worth it IMO, a laptop would do a much better job and not need anything weird to hook it up.

I used to have a creative 1gb flash mp3 player that did line in recording, if your looking for more portable than a laptop (size of a zippo) I bet those are real cheap on eBay. Think it was called a Zen nano.

Upvote 0
if you want a portable recorder this is one i have used The iKey Plus Portable USB Recorder (Black), it can record direct to any usb thumb drive formatted to fat32 and can record up to 320kbps MP3 files or WAV files

iKey Plus Portable USB Recording Device (can record live audio to MP3 or WAV format directly to a USB compatible storage device/iPod) at Juno Records

or the normal version that can record up to 256kbps MP3 files and WAV files

Gemini iKEY Portable USB Recorder - Buy Online - USB Audio Interfaces > Soundcards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones