line in the middle of my screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. deioces

deioces New Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys ive had the evo for about a week, and the operating system seemed to be acting a bit buggy but i put a fix on that real quick. now a persisting issue i have is that there is a line going down the middle of my screen on every page no matter where i go. i didnt have it for about a day or so and it seems to be some kind of seperation or something.

anyone know whats up? thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

When you reboot the phone, does the line appear during the bootup animation/logo? If so, take the phone back, there's a hardware defect.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Take the battery out, then put it back in. If the line is still there, its a hardware defect.

4. deioces

ok i will try that thanks guys, my big question is that....is this normal for the evo? im scared if i dedicate to this phone something like this or some other problem will arise. im just really unsure at this point. but i freakin love this phone! but for almost $90 a month its scary.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

No its not normal, its a hardware defect.

6. deioces

awesome thanks alot. sadly i bought it from an online retailer so they are being really sketchy and dodgy right now. cant get in proper contact with them.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

what the retailer?

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

in that case you may contact htc directly. you have a proof of purchase/receipt correct? that would be you best bet if you cannot contact the retailer where you purchased from...and please do let us all know where that was so that we can steer clear of that retailer