• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LineageOS-7.1.2 (Unofficial [Updated 5/25/2017])

Next update, include Gello browser.

So far I still can't quite get camera workin. But it should be fixed soon. We shall see

I looked at your work from a few months ago not so impressive... You were a new dev and it's understandable but let me say damn you've come along way help or not that's very impressive and allot of growth in that time period mad propz

Reactions: Relyt2012
Upvote 0
This is great, I just made my device tree and downloaded all the source, was just about to compile when Your post showed up. Love it.

I have noticed a couple things, one there is no root from CyanogenMod, also no choice in settings for system wide root access. I have seen other lineage0s Roms have this feature do you know why it's not in this ROM? Also when typing the words don't appear sometimes until the screen is moved or keyboard is put away, and same internet lg problems with dfuse Roms for T-Mobile, this is why I was setting up my tree so I could go back to stock T-Mobile 4.2 and get the correct boot IMG for the modules to be created correct in the new kernel, because apparently there is two versions of our phone

Upvote 0
This is great, I just made my device tree and downloaded all the source, was just about to compile when Your post showed up. Love it.

I have noticed a couple things, one there is no root from CyanogenMod, also no choice in settings for system wide root access. I have seen other lineage0s Roms have this feature do you know why it's not in this ROM? Also when typing the words don't appear sometimes until the screen is moved or keyboard is put away, and same internet lg problems with dfuse Roms for T-Mobile, this is why I was setting up my tree so I could go back to stock T-Mobile 4.2 and get the correct boot IMG for the modules to be created correct in the new kernel, because apparently there is two versions of our phone
In android N 7.1.x you need to flash SuperSU for root.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
I know I was just saying that there is this feature in most cm Roms, apps have root access in settings there is usually three choices no root, ADB only root, or apps and ADB root. If you google Nexus 5 lineage0s there is a nexus 5 with lineage 14.1 that has this feature in a you tube video, also like in old cm builds the file manager had root system wide, like the cm file manager for lineage does not, and you can't change it in settings like you used to be able to

Upvote 0
The ROM is great don't get me wrong
This is a bit off topic but
This whole switch to lineage0s is disappointing though, I don't know if it is the new corporate version or if CyanogenMod like the developer version, are the devs working on it the ones that left or is it made by the CyanogenMod corporate that fired everyone

Upvote 0
The ROM is great don't get me wrong
This is a bit off topic but
This whole switch to lineage0s is disappointing though, I don't know if it is the new corporate version or if CyanogenMod like the developer version, are the devs working on it the ones that left or is it made by the CyanogenMod corporate that fired everyone
I have a theory about Lineage OS. Microsoft was apart of cyanogenmod so it wasnt any longer open sourced. Now that they split it was again. So what if they wanted to rebrand so that they didn't have any issues with Microsoft? I don't know. But i like Lineage OS

Upvote 0
Hey guys this is what you have to look forward to as well!
Screenshot_20170131-214753.png

Upvote 0
Just installed this today. it feels so...... Alien. XD So far no problems to report. Camera works just fine on my end so I don't know what that's about. ( i have b33 Modems though my phone has no service, dialing 611 worked fine) I havent tried bluetooth quite yet, as it was kinda broken back in MM. Otherwise Everything seems good so far. Nice work!

Upvote 0
Just installed this today. it feels so...... Alien. XD So far no problems to report. Camera works just fine on my end so I don't know what that's about. ( i have b33 Modems though my phone has no service, dialing 611 worked fine) I havent tried bluetooth quite yet, as it was kinda broken back in MM. Otherwise Everything seems good so far. Nice work!
I wonder what is so different. I'm also wondering if it is possibly a strange permission issue.

Upvote 0
That's strange I get data/service and the ROM not even intended for my device u may need to set VPN like I did I'm using boost mobile lol works like a charm

Upvote 0
That's strange I get data/service and the ROM not even intended for my device u may need to set VPN like I did I'm using boost mobile lol works like a charm
I don't have service at all atm, (need to pay the bill) that's what i meant Silly. XD My data what I can try (connecting to the Plans & Services page loads just fine via LTE. XD but seriously, This ROM has been good so far.

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
I wonder what is so different. I'm also wondering if it is possibly a strange permission issue.
Yeah, I worded it wrong, I meant I had no service (havent payed the bill yet) but my phone is getting on everything just fine. but yeah, what feels different is the fact I'm not used to it! XD It's like LP, but with better notifications. I love it. really! Thanks for taking your time to create this!

Upvote 0
So T-Mobile variants are fine? But metro PCs zmaxs are camera plagued?
I lied. I thought it was working (It can do Panoramas by actually writing them which is what I tested. but yeah, Went to take an actual photo today and... nope! I even tried other camera apps that are unable to write an output file. Snap just says Unknown error, while everything else just Hangs. Previewing (viewfinder) has no problems though. Hmm. I was able to record a video after rebooting however.

Issues apparently only happen with taking stills.

EDIT: Playing around with it, I can record video seeminly fine (at least in the moment), Panoramas are no issue, but taking a still, both normally and while recording causes a crash. You think it could be a permission issue I'm missing somewhere? Hmm. I should figure out how to do a logcat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally decided to come back to my zmax to work on and seems like y'all have really made a big change..

Of course dfuse continues with his attitude.

Anyways great job on nougat!
Any chance trying to use 4.4 volte files to get a working volte connection?

It uses the same ril on the zmax, just hate ril/telephony drivers on android so rather not attempting it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones