• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Linear crater on either side of EVO

linzgeneral

May 29, 2010
Who do not have an extremely and seemingly widening gap on either side of their EVO? For some reason, it seems to be more prevalent on the left side of the device. It is becoming really annoying to look at and is a constant reminder of the apparent lack of quality control on HTC's behalf. The fact that is seems to be getting wider, slowly but surely, is a bad omen for potential issues like eventual screen lifts and light leakage.
icon_question.gif

My 1st version 002 evo had the same issue, over the course of 20 days or so it got to a point I returned/swapped it for a new one. Last Friday I received a new one, version 003 and so far so good. The batter cover is the only thing with a poor fit and still gaps open a bit, but I'll live with it as I may end up with a case on it if I find one I like.

I would call/go in to whatever store you bought it at and ask for an exchange, simply tell them the screen feels loose and you see light leaking around the edges. RS I took mine into didn't even look at the issue, they simply got me a new phone, swapped the info on my account and sent me on my way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones