Linear crater on either side of EVO

Last Updated:

1. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who do not have an extremely and seemingly widening gap on either side of their EVO? For some reason, it seems to be more prevalent on the left side of the device. It is becoming really annoying to look at and is a constant reminder of the apparent lack of quality control on HTC's behalf. The fact that is seems to be getting wider, slowly but surely, is a bad omen for potential issues like eventual screen lifts and light leakage. [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. bossxii

bossxii Well-Known Member

My 1st version 002 evo had the same issue, over the course of 20 days or so it got to a point I returned/swapped it for a new one. Last Friday I received a new one, version 003 and so far so good. The batter cover is the only thing with a poor fit and still gaps open a bit, but I'll live with it as I may end up with a case on it if I find one I like.

I would call/go in to whatever store you bought it at and ask for an exchange, simply tell them the screen feels loose and you see light leaking around the edges. RS I took mine into didn't even look at the issue, they simply got me a new phone, swapped the info on my account and sent me on my way.

3. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

I have version 003 and have this looming split going on. Light Leakage slowly creeping up from the bottom up the left side.

I will return it but waiting for two weeks until hopefully better batches are being release.

4. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

question... Do you need to return them for this issue within the first 30 days? I've got about 3 days left til my 30 is up and my phone just started to do this too.

I have a SLOW light leakage issue starting on the right side, it's like the screen is coming loose.

5. B-Ran

B-Ran Well-Known Member

Mine is doing the same thing... the right side of my device, I can run sheets of paper through the gap to clean out the dust that's collecting in there. The left side seems fine... I wish this thing was built better... :-(

6. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned

HTC just seems to push there handsets out to quickly. They need to do more real world testing before they release to the public.