Link for OTA file not ruu. I did it. It worksSupport

Last Updated:

1. mfarmarco

mfarmarco New Member This Topic's Starter

The following links are for the OTA froyo android 2.2 update. this is not the ruu files this is the actual software that will be pushed to the
    HTC Incredible. This particular ota update file is for the incredible that has not been rooted and still has the original 2.1 software with the first update. My incredible prior to updating to froyo said it was 2.1 update 1.
    You must also make sure you have software version 1.22.605.2
    you can check this by going to settings/about phone/software information. This first link is for the actual file that you must access through the phones browser: http://android.clients.google.com/p...on_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip
    This second link are the instructions that you can access anywhere you please. I suggest you use a pc or print them out or write them. There really isnt much to it. Getting your phone ready for the FroYo update.zip! - xda-developers
    When your phone seems like its rebooting after the install and you see the screen with the red eye dont panic if its seems like its frozen.
    This is normal. Mine and my friends were at that screen for what seemed like 5 minutes. Just remember that when you are in boot mode you need to use the volume key to move the cursor and the power key to select. dont panic and goodluck!

Advertisement