Link Ringtone and Messaging volumesGeneral

1. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Anybody know of a way to re-link the ringtone and messaging volumes?
    Apparently, in ICS they decided to un-link them so turning down the volume rocker quiets the ringtone but does not touch the messaging/notification volume. I have Audio Manager installed, that app used to offer that as an option but doesn't any more in ICS.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SNeitzel

No ideas??? :(
  3. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too. In GB at least you could check to have them linked, or uncheck for unlinked.

When I need to turn notification volume down or off it's a major undertaking to find the setting. Not good. I just want the volume rocker to do the trick.
  4. NashMob68

NashMob68 Member

Volume Control+ works pretty well.
  5. I don't know re: your specific question on the volume rocker, but I use Quick Profiles and it lets you set ringer and notification volumes according to profiles, which works for me (normal, work, bedside, etc.)
  6. SNeitzel

Doesn't seem to work for me, with "Link Ring and Notification Volumes" selected, notification volume is still unaffected when volume is lowered with the rocker.

I might check this out but I don't need anything this complicated. I just want the notification volume to go down when I lower the ringtone volume.
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I use Volume Control + that makes all volume controls available in one place and is called from an icon on the Home screen.

... Thom
  8. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

I go in and out of public meetings frequently, and installed Mute. from MNO Company in Google Store. Just touch the icon once and all sounds that could possibly emanate from your phone/tablet are silenced (including vibration). Saves a ton of embarrassment.
  9. SNeitzel

The Vibrate and Mute functions do work, it's just volume adjustment in between
  10. shankomatic

shankomatic Member

I have the same complaint. I know there are several apps that I can install and use to change the volumes on one page, but in the past I could turn everything up and down with the volume rocker, and then turn it back up and not have to worry about adjusting multiple volumes every time. This new "feature" is annoying.
    SNeitzel likes this.