Link stock gmail app to an address that is not @gmail.comSupport

Last Updated:

1. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My school email address runs through gmail but is not an @gmail.com address. Is there a way to set up this email with the stock gmail app? If not how do I do it with the stock mail app because I couldn't figure that out either.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

This might work, not sure though. Sounds dependent upon your school's settings/allowances:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21289

Almost sounds like you're talking about Gmail Apps with a .edu ending? This would all be done after you first have your regular Gmail account setup. Might as well try it online first before messing with the phone.

If you could access the server settings on an interface at school or find them out somehow, you could set it up through the regular email app if they allow access. I'd think many IT depts of that sort don't make that an easy chore but u never know.

3. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

I have the same type of setup through Google for my business. The email was easy to set up. When you add the account select "Sign in" and enter your email address in the "Username" section. It's really that simple. ;)

4. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks but neither of those worked. I guess I have to go to the IT guys and ask them how I could do it.

5. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

I just wanna recommend the K9 email client, free from the market.