• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Link stock gmail app to an address that is not @gmail.com

This might work, not sure though. Sounds dependent upon your school's settings/allowances:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21289

Almost sounds like you're talking about Gmail Apps with a .edu ending? This would all be done after you first have your regular Gmail account setup. Might as well try it online first before messing with the phone.

If you could access the server settings on an interface at school or find them out somehow, you could set it up through the regular email app if they allow access. I'd think many IT depts of that sort don't make that an easy chore but u never know.

Upvote 0
My school email address runs through gmail but is not an @gmail.com address. Is there a way to set up this email with the stock gmail app? If not how do I do it with the stock mail app because I couldn't figure that out either.

I have the same type of setup through Google for my business. The email was easy to set up. When you add the account select "Sign in" and enter your email address in the "Username" section. It's really that simple. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones