Link Yahoo mail to Gmail on my IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. Submariner70

Submariner70 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I link my Yahoo mail to show in my Gmail on my phone?
    On my computer, I can see they are linked. I have my Yahoo account listed in Gmail on my laptop when I look at it. I can see all the Yahoo messages imported in my Gmail on my laptop.
    I also have my local cable provider email (Cox) linked to my Gmail which also shows on my laptop and it imports on both my laptop AND my Inc.
    I have a seperate Yahoo Icon on my phone and I can get my Yahoo emails on that just fine but I want to have all my emails linked and dumped into my Gmail so I don't have to go into different icons to get my mail. I heard you can do this, even called Verizon and he assured me you could, then wasn't sure, then said he didn't know but to get in touch with Google for this.
    Ughhhhhhhh!

On another note: is a factory reset really making that much of a difference with 2.2. Just got my Inc on Monday and the battery life is HORRIBLE!

Advertisement
  2. lennie paz

lennie paz Well-Known Member

3. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member

Why not setup the mail, not gmail, program to connect to all of your email accounts via POP?

4. Submariner70

Lennie,
    I did that just recently and it seems to be working.. to a point. Only bummer is that the "Mail" vs. "Gmail" doesnt give you the option to personalize ringtones and even when it gets new mail it still activates the Yahoo Mail program whether I force stopped it or not. Though I am able to get all my mail on "Mail" vs Gmail.
    Actually I am getting it all on Gmail but for some reason I haven't figured out a way to properly get the notifications when they come in. Have to go under "Labels" and see if I got any for each individual email address...
    Workin thru it though... trial and error.

5. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

If you just got your phone then it should have come preinstalled with 2.2 so a factory reset isn't necessary. I installed the ruu (2.2) and had to do a complete wipe of the phone. My battery life has been much better but it takes forever to charge.

6. Submariner70

I did a reset and it made a world of difference but as your still takes forever to charge. Was taking like 4 hours from 50%, now its a little better, batt lasts a little longer than before the reset. I'm sold on doing the reset whether it was v2.2 out of the box or OTA when I activated the phone.