Link2SD Mount script error

1. Demented755

Demented755 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to set-up Link2SD on a fresh install of the Metro recovery image but keep getting the same error.

Choosing ext2 for the 2nd partition.
    Before I was getting an error that said there's not enough space on device.

I've already tried wiping everything and reinstalling the recovery image but that doesn't seem to have helped any. Also just redid the partition in CWM; 256M with 0M swap which didn't help. I'm actually going to wipe and put the recovery image in again since I accidentally hit "fix permissions" in CWM and processes keep failing, but I doubt if this will fix the Link2SD issue.

Any help is appreciated on how to solve this issue so I can use Link2SD.

Advertisement
    :
  2. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

Format your sd card
  3. Demented755

Formatting hasn't helped.
  4. Spikebob21

Spikebob21 Well-Known Member

Is the error from links2sd or in cwm?
  5. Demented755

Link2SD.
  6. Spz0

Spz0 Well-Known Member Developer

You know, I've been having this problem a lot with link2sd with the admire/vitality. I must have formatted my sdcard half a dozen times.
    The only thing that solved it for me, was mounting via fat32 instead of ext. =\
  7. Demented755

I finally got it sorted. Without formatting or partitioning again it decided to start working after flashing another recovery image again.
  8. QahsiLuhgom

QahsiLuhgom New Member

What do u mean by flashing
  9. QahsiLuhgom

QahsiLuhgom New Member

Because I've got the same problem and I can't fix it
  10. Geezer873

Geezer873 New Member

I had the same problem and made it go away by setting both partitions (ext2 & Fat32) to Primary in the MiniTool Partition wizard.
    Completed the feat at 03:08 17 Jan 2015.

Flame On -
    For a Geezer like me with over 20 years software test experience it was counter-intuitive that both partitions could be primary. If I had to have paid my consulting fee rates this fix would have cost me $1500!
    Flame Off

I did not check the forum before I made this post. I am a Galaxy Victory owner That is running stock Sprint Android Ver 4.1.2

Sorry :oops::saddroid:

Regards
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM