Linked Contacts Displaying Wrong Name

Last Updated:

1. Codexx

Codexx Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I just got my first Android phone after waiting years to get my hands on one. I ended up grabbing the Droid 2 R2-D2 version, and it's pretty awesome so far. There's really only a couple gripes, like how some apps are irremovable (debating if I should root just to remove them) or how I can't really do a vanilla install, since I doubt I could get the Star Wars stuff over with it. Other than that, I've only got this one issue, which sounds relatively minor, but it's quite possibly the most frustrating thing ever. If I link a contact to their Twitter account, which the phone automatically added for me, it will overwrite their name with their account name. If I'd met them online, then hey, perhaps I'd prefer this, but they're both close friends/family, and it's kind of weird. The behavior is inconsistent, doing it for some but not others. I can't find a common factor, and if anything, the name from all the other linked accounts puts their real names in the majority. There's no option anywhere to select which name to use, and I've tried linking it from either of them, but it always defaults back to their Twitter username.

So far, Google hasn't returned any results that are helpful, but apparently I'm not the only one with an issue. While it's not absolutely critical to the performance of my phone, it annoys me to no end. Would anyone, by chance, know of a solution? I'm pretty much willing to do just about everything, and if I have to, this would probably push me over the fence on rooting, if that would allow me to force the selection. Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Oops, I somehow managed to post this in the Rooting section instead of the Droid 2 general forum. Not sure how I managed to miss that until I posted it. Sorry! If a moderator can move this, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement