Linked ProfilesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Joel H

Joel H Member This Topic's Starter

Need some help,

One day I added a Gmail account to my BB Storm 2 and the next day I had 3 contacts of everyone in my phone book. The guy at V told me it was because of the google account I added. OK cool what ever, I didnt care anymore because I was getting rid of BB and getting the X.
    Now here is my problem. I added the google account to my X to get all of my contacts. Worked out great, although all of my contacts are linked 2-3 times to the same thing.
    Is there a way to get rid of all of the multiple linked contacts without going into everyone and deleting them individually?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member

Yes. Go to Gmail and view your contacts. There is a menu option for combining duplicate contacts. They have to be exactly the same name, otherwise it doesn't work.

3. Joel H

Is that merging them? I dont see combining duplicate

4. Joel H

nope is not merging them, thatm akes them all one.

5. Joel H

Never mind I got it, I just went in and checked all if the multiples and deleted them. It backed up within a second on my phone. I LOVE THE X!

6. littletidbit30

littletidbit30 New Member

I found that when you go to gmail and look at your contacts, there is a list of "other contacts" and "most contacted". If you delete all of the content in those lists but still maintain your main contact list, the duplicate linked profiles will be gone. HTH!!!!