Linkin Park -- A Thousand Suns

Last Updated:

1. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First let me preface by saying I love Linkin Park. Not a hater in any way, just...

Has any bought this album and listened to it? Am I the only one who thinks it completely sucks?!?

It sounds like they tried to combine boy bands and rap with a little country and techno thrown in!

I heard them giving an in-studio interview on XM-Octane last month promoting the album. They promised a "new sound that no one's heard before." Well, they succeeded in that! And it's a shitty one at that! Seriously, why change up when you have a fan base that like what you are?

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I like it...I think the old school LP fans are just used to their old crap. All of their other records sounded the same...boring. I like this new stuff though...it's closer to music.

3. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

This sounds to me like the same problem linkin park fans have had since minutes to midnight.

I listened to hybrid theory.. LOVED IT
    I listened to meteora.... LOVED IT
    I listedn to hybrid theory ep... LOVED IT
    I prepurchased minutes to midnight and lost my faith in god it sucked so bad :/

Thats not to say there wasn't a redeeming song or two.. "what I've done" was ok before it was overplayed senseless and Bleed it out was pretty good..

I didn't care for anything else.... but, here is what I observed.

Around meteora.. "ALL OF LINKIN PARKS SONGS SOUND THE SAME BBBBBAAWWWWWWWW"

Minutes to Midnight "YOUR NEW SOUND SUCKS! WE WANT THE OLD LINKIN PARK BACK!"

Now We are at thousand suns.. haven't heard the whole album but, what I have heard I really like as far as what ehy have played on the radio.

Its different.. but, had this been their new sound back around minutes to midnight.. I may still be a more dedicated LP fan.

I swear to god.. If people start bitching about disturbed and disturbed changes.. I'm killing people.

Disturbed has progressed to sound different and "evolved" over time.. They get a little harder and a little darker as time goes on.. LP just totally went experimental and missed the mark in a lot of ways..

I do think LP deserves applause.. when you go experimental.. and you can fail big.. They are least had the balls to start over from scratch.. And sure they failed.. but, they could have also become an even bigger hit.

If only businesses were more willing to experiment and find out what works.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I really liked Hybrid Theory (Supposed to be the bands name, BTW) and I absolutely love Reanimation (probably one of my favorite albums). I think Meteora was good, but not as good as it could have been. Minutes to Midnight was far too whiny for my taste and I don't even listen to it. I was really excited when I heard about the new album, but while it is on my phone I haven't really listened to it yet.

I do notice that they are progressing and I think that their future stuff could be very impressive or even groundbreaking.

On A Thousand Suns I like a few of the songs, but the electro drums really kill it for me. It reminds me of how badly they screwed up the drum sounds for St. Anger.

5. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Don't mention St. Anger, my granny is flipping in her coffin by that.

That's one of the biggest letdowns in my music history for a long time.
    I like some of Linkin Parks albums and songs, I don't mind the changes - since usual with changes they do get 3-4 GREAT songs. Which I will continue listen to many years afterwards.

6. briand515

briand515 Active Member

Honestly I way prefer their older songs. Some of the new songs are ok but it just doesn't sound as good to me.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I just listened to some A Thousand Suns ... meh. Linkin Park where a good group, Hybrid Theory and Meteora are great albums, but now they're well past their best.

8. lostprophet894

lostprophet894 Well-Known Member

Seems the general consensus is that they've sucked since Minutes to Midnight. I haven't heard anything from their new album (avoid the radio as much as possible; it ruins good songs).

I was a huge fan in the beginning but it only takes one terrible album to ruin a band for me. Other examples would be Lostprophets and Finger Eleven.

9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

It's kind of like an in-between album for them. They tend to do oddball releases between real albums, like that techno-remix album and Live In Texas, etc. I'm sure in the next year or two they'll put out a more guitar oriented album.

10. mycaermita

mycaermita Well-Known Member

I don't hate it. I mean, I love Linkin Park and all that... but I just think that most of the songs strayed so far from their original genre and I didn't like it that much. :|

11. Brucew0617

Brucew0617 Banned

Compare to Meteora, A thousand Suns is totally a disaster

12. De Geft

De Geft Member

the few full songs that were on it weren't to bad IMO. it just needed more real/full songs.

it was OK. wasnt bad IMO