linking contacts to facebook and gmail

Last Updated:

1. yamaha83

yamaha83 Member This Topic's Starter

so i linked my facebook to contacts and some worked and some didnt? is there a way to go into a contact and say "this is the contact goes with this facebook" and likewise "this contact goes with this gmail contact"... since the names in my phone are not the same as the way they are saved in gmail of facebook? like a Jeffery might be saved as jeff in my phone...?

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i dont have my phone yet but im wondering this too

3. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue...Mainly because I have some friends that have an alias on Facebook. I am not seeing something to do this though, like you can on the Blackberry.

4. punkasscrab

punkasscrab Member

I just signed up for Facebook yesterday. I entered my contacts manually and the people on my Facebook friends list now all have a picture in their contacts for the phone numbers I put in. I don't know how it knows this, but it is pretty cool.

5. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

Yeah, some of mine didn't show up. One of them I noticed in my phone was "Kim", on Facebook was "Kimmer". I changed the name in my phone to "Kim" and the picture showed up. So I guess the name in your phone has to be the same exact one as on Facebook.

6. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

does that include having to put last name if thats what it is on facebook?

7. yamaha83

yamaha83 Member This Topic's Starter

well the name in my phone for one of my contacts was drew... and on facebook his name is Andrew... but it somehow new to pull his account in?

also... one of my friends has 2 accounts... on is inactive cuz they forgot the password... but it brought over both accounts... and i cant kind a way to remove a facebook site from a contact?