Linking Contacts with Facebook

Last Updated:

1. JHands

JHands New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the Hero with Vodafone and have had no real problems, just wondering when i link my saved google contacts with there FB profile via the Hero, it allows me to pull there FB picture through as well but this doesn't seem to be displaying??? Anybody know why?

I have looked at sites about FB privacy settings but couple of my friends have not got there privacay settings turned on.. still no picture?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. JHands

BTW i get all there birthdays and there status updates..

3. QuiQNeZZ

QuiQNeZZ Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and I realized a few things...

First, it seemed as though on initial setup since I was doing alot sync'ing to alot of contacts with FB it was lagging, it'll take a while as it's not only updating their picture and birthday but their albums, statuses etc.

Secondly, it seems to not update someone's profile that hasn't posted up anything recent. I noticed that some of my friends that aren't as active and haven't posted anything recently weren't being updated. So I guess once they do it'll be reflected on your phone.

Eventually pretty much all the contacts were updated after time. Like I said it sometimes just takes a while if you have alot of friends.

4. JHands

Thanks QuiQNezz, i will give it some time and see what happens.