linking Facebook/phone contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Angelina

Angelina New Member This Topic's Starter

I am the proud new owner of a Droid 2. After messing around with it for 2 days, I finally figured out how to link my Facebook contacts with my already existing phone contacts, so I did not have people in there twice, under two different names! However, only SOME of them are allowing me to change their caller ID names. For instance, my Mom is on Facebook, so instead of having her caller ID as her FB name, it allowed me to change it to "Mom", but for other contacts, it won't let me. Any idea why, or how to fix this?!

Also, is there still NO way to get rid of the unwanted contacts without deleting them from your Facebook friends list? That is driving me nuts!! haha. I don't need ALL 225 of my facebook friends in my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

bump i have the same problem + i had to delete the sync of my account because i have like 1000 friends on facebook & i dont need all of their numbers :(

3. LavenderPekoe

LavenderPekoe Member

My guess for the OP's issue is that those contacts are only FB and are not in your phone/google contacts list.

4. Shid

Shid Active Member

You can go into the contact settings and pick a default group. For instance, you can do phone contacts, FB or google contacts or both.

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I did a hard reset on my D2 after it wouldn't let me disconnect my FB account. Now that I only have my VZW Phone Contacts and my Google Contacts my battery even seems to last longer.

6. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

This is another instance where Motorola got it wrong on the D2. On my Droid 1 when I add my Facebook account the only thing it does is attempt to merge fb contact info with existing contacts, which is what you want in most cases. The only thing I really wanted from fb was the profile pictures from there for my existing contacts and that's all I got.

If you're going to provide functionality like they did in the D2 then you at least need to make it configurable during account setup what you want to pull down...before you actually start syncing down ungodly amounts of data that screws with your contact list.

Joe

7. LavenderPekoe

LavenderPekoe Member

I agree that the FB integration was better on the Droid. I don't understand why if you want to go to someone's FB page it takes you to the awful mobile web page. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but that doesn't make sense to me when the FB app is way better.

8. bjackie617

bjackie617 New Member

So how do you delete the sync to facebook?

9. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

Just delete the facebook account in the accounts settings page. If you download the facebook app from the market all you have to do is give it your login. No local account is created to sync anything.

Joe

10. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Go to "My Accounts" and click on Remove Account under the FB entry. My phone wouldn't let me, do I did a hard reset.