Linking Facebook Profile VillainROM 12

Last Updated:

1. Fozzy

Fozzy Active Member This Topic's Starter

So yesterday after being utterly sick of waiting for Orange to release 2.1, I made the leap and rooted my phone. I found it fairly straight forward and played around with a few ROMs finally finding VillainROM 12 to suit me the best.

Only problem I've encountered so far, I can't link Facebook profiles to my Google contacts at all. When I'm in the People App, I go over the Sync screen, enter my Facebook username and password to enable it. Then when I go onto a contact, scroll to the Sync screen and press link profile, it says there are no matches and there are no Facebook profiles in the list to link it with. I just get the message "No Matches Found" in the list instead.

I have tried logging out of Facebook for Sense and logging back in, but its to no avail. The list still stays empty.

Any ideas as to how I can get it to work? I had all my contacts linked back in 1.5 HTC Sense.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Leave it for a day and usually they appear. I don't know why, but it seems to work like that for quite a lot of people.

3. Dymir

Dymir New Member

I updated my HTC Hero the other day and I am having the same problem, any chance someone figured out the reason for this, or perhaps found a solution :D

4. jmealiff92

jmealiff92 New Member

while in the people app press the menu button then touch view and then facebook, helps if u also click only contacts with phone numbers or you'll have a load of email contacts

5. Fozzy

From the Logcat on ADB I was getting a failure to sync at all. I have switched to FroydVillain 1.1.1 now instead and the Facebook Sync works fine... So not sure whats going on, maybe something to do with VillainROM 12 I guess.

6. hermy90210

hermy90210 New Member

Having the same problem here with facebook linking.
    all it says is no matches found. Plus had the same problem with villainrom 10 too, cant remember if it worked in the earlier releases i used as had 10 since release, n just updated to 12 last night.
    Anyone got a clue?

7. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I tried everything, nothing worked, then one day it sync'd ... Just wait is all I can say sadly

8. Fozzy

People are discussing the same problem on Villain's forums, I posted a Log of the error report I was getting when trying to Sync, they seem stumped over there too. There are suggestions that it may be a problem with Facebooks API or an issue with HTC's FB for Sense. All I know is that when I switched to FroydVillain 1.1.1, the issue no longer exists and all my contacts have synced as they should.

9. james

james Well-Known Member

Try cronos.. it works.

10. The Fergmeister

The Fergmeister Member

I'm having this problem too, but I'm going to try waiting for a day or so as suggested.

Do you have to go and link each contact individually on villain 12? Modaco 3.2 (and I assume android 1.5) suggested people from your facebook friends list whose names matched people in your phone contact list; which I thought was a pretty nice feature!

11. midge37

midge37 Well-Known Member

I upgraded to VR12 on Monday night and couldn't even connect to FB via contacts to sync the contacts. Tried again yesterday with no joy. Just had a go now, and it finally connected and has just sync'd all my contacts....looks like patience is the key :)