Linking Facebook to Contacts--not syncing at all

Last Updated:

1. cooden

cooden Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had to get a new EVO because my charging port failed on my first one. When I got the new EVO, I entered my gmail account & all my contacts came back down to the phone. I have re-installed all my programs and Facebook is working. I CAN NOT get my facebook to sync up with my contacts. I go into people, select the link icon, click Link to Facebook and it does nothing. I also went into Menu-Settings-Accounts & Sync and clicked Sync All (my facebook and gmail address are in there)--it runs the sync and I still get nothing. I pulled the battery, I updated my PRL & profile but it won't work. I even uninstalled Facebook, reinstalled it and it still won't work. Does anyone here have any ideas on how I get my FB contacts to sync up with my contacts?

Advertisement
  2. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

There is a issue. Htc is aware of it and is working on a solution.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Found this just above your post:

I read on another forum about a possible workaround for the htc sense facebook issue. Update your facebook profile. Enter the place where you work in the "Education and work" area. It fixed the problem for me and several others (couldn't sync for days, after the profile update it synced instantly). Makes no sense (no pun intented) but it works.

It worked on mine. Deleted what was in work and education, turned phone on and off...then presto...it syncs again.

4. cooden

cooden Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hmmm, the weird thing is that my friend has an EVO and his is working perfectly. So werid.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Update work and school on desktop, deleted HTC sense from applications section of Facebook. Power cycled phone. Settings, accounts and sync, add account, logged in.
    However...it still isn't sending contacts to phone as of right now. Still playing with it.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I thought mine was working....then did an esn swap and couldnt log in on the new phone. From what I understand those that think it is working....arent actually syncing....they are seeing the data from the last good sync