• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LinkPush: Chrome-to-Phone alternative! Good app!

Google introduced a cool new feature to android 2.2 which is Chrome to Phone. Chrome to Phone lets you send links, and directions straight to your device with one simple click(no connection needed). But the problem is not a lot devices have android 2.2 and many of us would love to try this new feature. This is where the LinkPush application comes in. LinkPush lets you push a website from your Google Chrome browser to your android device. LinkPush is a good alternative to Chrome to Phone.

Setup

First thing you need to do is install LinkPush extension for Chrome. You can get the chrome extension from here - Download link for extension. Once you install the extension to your Chrome browser, you can move on to installing LinkPush to your android device. When you open up the application, you will be asked to sign in to your google account. Once you successfully sign in, you will get the following screen

d97334ee5d1748add84cc1a7dd2fe3ba.jpg

Now sign in to the extension by clicking the LinkPush icon(Top right) in your browser, and you are ready to push links to your device.

Here is an example:

11ch8rc.jpg

Now on the device:

xapen7.png

As you can see, the link was successfully sent!

I had trouble sending maps or directions to the phone. I saw this tip online and it fixed my problems: comment by KG6EPF

Here is an example of sending a map search to my phone:

vxquo.png

Now on the device:

2cwtslt.png

I chose to open using browser(you can open the link using Google maps application)

Pros

[*] I can send all my favorite links with one simple click!

[*] Saves a lot of time(no more emailing links)!

Cons

[*] No History/Log of what is sent!

[*] Have to reopen the application after sending a link!

[*] Special fix to get Maps working!

Verdict

Nice application, saves me a lot of time. There is a lot of room for improvement, and can't wait for future updates!

Rating - 3.5/5!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones