Links in textGeneral

1. Valochan

Valochan Member

Okay PLEASE forgive me if this has already been covered, I scanned through a few pages and didn't see anything.
    So I have almost thrown my phone across the room cause I don't know how to select a link in a text.

To break it down,

I get a TEXT
    with a blue link in it.
    And I have no clue how to select the link and go to it on my browser..
    Maybe you have to copy & paste?? I don't know how to do so either.

Please help. I'd really like my phone to NOT be in pieces.

MUCH appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

When I get them all I do is long press it and it gives me the option to choose which browser iI want to use try that
  3. Valochan

Valochan Member

It only gives me the regular message options. such as

Call
    Save to Contacts
    Send SMS #
    Forward
    View message details
    Delete message.

Maybe if I explain what the link is it might help?
    I use myxertones and create my own ringtones for free, and it's always worked on my other phones, and I have made it work once for my eris, but for some reason I can't get it. I think I just wrote the link down and then typed it in my browser last time, but it won't let me do it this time..

It's frustrating... >.<

Should I download another browser from the market? Would that give me the additional option to select the link?
  4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

you should dl ringdroid from the market. its free and allows you to create your own ringers/notifications from music on ur sd card. Very nice app
  5. Valochan

Valochan Member

I have it...

SO maybe I don't really know how to use it, because when I first used it, it wouldn't let me select different parts of the song... then I updated it, and it worked, but my saved ringtone sounds like effin chipmunks. So I gave up on that app.
  6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

also if you touch the message it should give you the option to open the link in the browser. no long press needed.
  7. Valochan

Valochan Member

Hm... user error perhaps?
    Just pressing it (tap) it either sends me back to "all messages" or pops up my key board to reply..
    Sorry guys I really just don't get any other option... maybe I'll have someone send me a plain link and I'll see if it's just the message.
  8. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

i think its user error. click on the actual text itself, not the "tap to compose" field( sound like you are doing this). I just did this on multiple links. but i have also noticed that if sometimes its not a complete link ie. not www.xxxxxx.com it will not open the link
  9. Valochan

Valochan Member

It was a full link and I was clicking right ON the link. I dunno here is how the message reads:

69937: Myxer: (name of song)
    To download, follow this link on your phone: Http://m.myxer.com/dl/atonofnumbers/morenumbers
    11:03pm

and I click the link which appears blue, not compose not the box where my text goes, but the actual message.

Oh well I can just go to the site on my phone and download it there.. I was just kinda getting frustrated. I tried sending a link and it still didn't work but I guess I'm over it. I don't get links on the regular.
    Thanks for all your help, for those who did help.