• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LINT LICKERS!!! Sold me a case that covers the mic..um hellooo?

GRRR...after days of trying to figure out why my boyfriend can't hear me unless I'm talking way more loud than my usual voice, I took off my rubbery case Verizon sold me and VOILA!

Those little bastards sold me a "Droid" case, which is specifically why I paid the ridiculous amount in the store instead of searching eBay for cheapy ones and this is what I get?!?!?! SOO frustrating, how dumb could these case makers be? The mic is kinda a crucial element of the phone, no?

ahhh...I feel better now :eek:
...anybody else had this prob?

oh and do you think I should bother going back to the store and trying to get my money back?

I've tried the case both ways even though both sides look the same, and it still covers the mic (It's not a Body Glove). It's literally shown in the little Droid display case they have going at most Verizon stores which is why I figured it would be the best case...the funny thing is, they had another case that is exactly the same except with hard plastic and it just bugs me that they are still selling them because honestly I was little late to jump on the Droid bandwagon and I'm sure they've most likely had this complaint before. I know they are really aggressive when it comes to trying to sell accessories, I had to explain to the guy that I did not need 2 packages of 3 screen protectors for about 5 mins and that I would come back for the car dock if I felt I wanted one. Then one of two extras I buy is faulty. Anyhow, I mostly posted this because it took me about a week to figure out why my call quality was so bad and I figured other Verizon customers might be having the same problem.

BLAH, I'm going to the store today to see what they say about it. Thanks for the replies!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones