Liquid e Liquid e 2.2 Froyo and Wifi tethering faster/speed up

Has anyone else seen this problem

1. List other radios that have caused interference.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other machines that have caused problems.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Show wireless speed tests from speedtest.net.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other wireless speed tests.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. List wireless house phones that have cause problems.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Can anyone think of other item to cause interference.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. dfmerrifield

dfmerrifield New Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG] Wifi and 5.54 down and 1.28 up! That's Cool as it gets!

"I had replied to a post with "almost" this reply earlier and thought it deserved a post due to the fact that most people (including me) may not realize the smallest thing that can cause your WIFI to not work to it's max with your Android."

[​IMG]

I was getting only 1-1.5 Mb down and 600 Kb up while on WIFI to my Acer Liquid e with 2.2 Froyo. With USB tethering I was getting around 1.5 to 2 Mb down and around 1 Mb up. I use my Androids to work on PC's and have most of the time gotten real good download speeds with WIFI but, not at home. USB tethering was always slower than WIFI, as far as my experience goes. I actually went nuts and rooted my new Liquid e Android 2.2 with Z4root (Works real good and on 2.2 Liquid e too!) and did a few changes to my Froyo system and still no difference as far as Wifi went but, sure sped up my Acer that's for sure. Then I did a bit of thinking about what everyone was saying about other wifi devices may be inter-fearing with the reception of the Phone. This I knew myself but, wasn't really thinking. Well, my printer is an older Lexmark X9575 (Works good!) anyway, it was shut off but, not unplugged. So, you'd think there would be no problem! EH? SO, I decided to unplug it just for the hell of it and "Low and Behold"! I got 4.54 Mb's down and 1.28 Mb's up with 97 ms ping.

Just imagine that on Fido (Rogers) Wireless, over a cell phone!

So, my only word for the other souls out there seeking faster WIFI, CHECK EVERYTHING! I could not believe that something actually, supposedly, shut off was still interfering with my signal strength, and I should know better!

My ping test wasn't that bad either! I can't believe the difference! WOW! I always do my tests at a distance of over 500 miles, for an average, to get a better feel for what is actually happening.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. lquify

lquify Active Member

wifi is affected by all sorts of things.
    2.4GHz portable phones, bodies of water, tin roofs etc