• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, if this has been answered somewhere else, I apologize in advance, but I didn't see an answer in the thread...I'm having the same issues with WiFi. I turn it on and though I've typed in my WPA key correctly, it starts by saying "Scanning.....Authenticating.....Remembered.....Scanning.....Authenticating.....Disconnected."

Then it just says in the WiFi networks spot: "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK"

So far, this is the only major thing I've found with the ROM that isn't working well. For the record, I'm running Stock (no theme) LFY 1.41 with So far, this is the only major thing I've found with the ROM that isn't working well. For the record, I'm running Stock (no theme) LFY 1.41 with PS3 ulv 1.0. Any help, of course, is greatly appreciated.

WiFi works in this build. Your error message is telling you that it can't authenticate. This might be a "alt lock" problem with the keyboard where you typed your password incorrectly (but didn't realize it).

Upvote 0
has anyone ran the freemem script? thinking about doing it not sure what it does though. How does it clear 100 megs?

I don't recommend you run this script. It frees up 100MB of RAM by closing other apps that are running. Some people like to use this but realistically, Android has a built in task management system that will close off apps as needed for speed.

Just leave it be and let android work...worrying about free memory is a mistake IMO.

Upvote 0
Liquid....

I am uploading Watermark'D 3.3 LFY 1.4 with an updated Pandora icon:

pandora.png

Upvote 0
I did want to note that just about everytime I rebooted this for any reason (flashing diff kernels, fixing permissions, etc...), I saw the M logo at least twice, sometimes more. And everytime it came back, it took a full 20 secs before my Droid was actually useable. Usually, LauncherPro would FC, and then everything would go back to normal. This happened on each theme I tried.

If you are seeing the M logo twice, isn't that during the bootloader loadup of your phone before you are even getting to the ROM? This sounds to me like a H/W problem with your phone. Could someone who has actually written a ROM correct me if I am wrong here.

Upvote 0
Download one of the HTC_IME keyboards here

Once you install it, go to settings > language & keyboards > and select HTC_IME keyboard (in addition to Android Keyboard which will already be selected).

Go to a text box somewhere and long press on the text field (you will see a popup appear). Select "Input Method" and choose HTC_IME. Verify that that keyboard works.

Lastly, long press on the text field again and this time select the Android Keyboard. Verify that it works

I might be missing something, but this method does not fix the hardware keyboard alt-lock issue, correct (when used with the multi-touch keyboard)? I haven't rebooted after installing, which might be the issue...

Upvote 0
And fixed in-call background I hope? (Minus the Chevy logos all over the place.) I apologize if this has been fixed already, I haven't updated anything related to the theme since the first install.

Shoot....

Let me get on that. Forgot all about it. My apologies. I will add the in call real quick.

Upvote 0
Thanks stewart as of now i will be focusing more on development and less time on themes so i hope you continue to update your beautiful theme to go with my ROM in the future but i will not be releasing a custom version of your theme from here on out :)

Ok, should be fixed.

Stewart and Liquid.
This is the best ROM I've tried! And I had a question either of you...

Is it possible to say download Tangerine, Smoke and Watermarked
theme and reassemble certain apk's to form a hybrid theme?

Upvote 0
Stewart and Liquid.
This is the best ROM I've tried! And I had a question either of you...

Is it possible to say download Tangerine, Smoke and Watermarked
theme and reassemble certain apk's to form a hybrid theme?

I do it all the time -- so the answer is, yes, it's certainly possible, although you probably need to learn to do it yourself (as I did). Here's a good place to start: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en.

Reactions: SigmunDroid
Upvote 0
I do it all the time -- so the answer is, yes, it's certainly possible, although you probably need to learn to do it yourself (as I did). Here's a good place to start: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en.

Or you could use 7zip, open both themes, transfer one you want to one you want to use. Nothing changes, needs resigned, etc. As long as the interior of the .apk is the same, the version is the same, it will work.

Would take 30mins to compile, upload and flash.

Reactions: GirLuvsDroid
Upvote 0
Or you could use 7zip, open both themes, transfer one you want to one you want to use. Nothing changes, needs resigned, etc. As long as the interior of the .apk is the same, the version is the same, it will work.

That's quite true, if you just want to switch out some apks -- but if you want to change images in framework-res.apk and in the other themed apks (so you use some from here and some from there, as I do), then the Theming Guide is an excellent resource to get you started!

Upvote 0
That's quite true, if you just want to switch out some apks -- but if you want to change images in framework-res.apk and in the other themed apks (so you use some from here and some from there, as I do), then the Theming Guide is an excellent resource to get you started!

Personally, I find it easier to drag the folder out of 7zip onto the desktop. Rename it whatever. Drag the other, rename it old or whatever. Transfer whatever files you want.

Open up theme you want to use, and then open framework. You will see the list of images. Take the folder you have edited images in, open it, and see list of images. Select all, drag over to framework for theme you want to use. It compiles, and you are done. close 7zip folder with "new" theme.

Load to phone, flash. Your framework-res is still signed, and nothing has changed except the images.

Upvote 0

I see, because they are essentially the same themes but themed differently, right?:) I tried trying out certain themed apk's from I take it your work
because I liked the phone dialer, thinking it was in the phone.apk (Doh!)

I was running BB but honestly it was quite buggy and well...
Now I'm running (in the sig) and it's just amazingly smooth.

I even prefer ADW launcher to launcher pro plus but those LPP widgets
are too good to pass up. I wish there was a contact widget and calendar widget available, themed with the black and bold theme that I could use
with ADW.

That theme I think will become one of if not the best theme once
people use it.

Upvote 0
Personally, I find it easier to drag the folder out of 7zip onto the desktop. Rename it whatever. Drag the other, rename it old or whatever. Transfer whatever files you want.

Open up theme you want to use, and then open framework. You will see the list of images. Take the folder you have edited images in, open it, and see list of images. Select all, drag over to framework for theme you want to use. It compiles, and you are done. close 7zip folder with "new" theme.

Load to phone, flash. Your framework-res is still signed, and nothing has changed except the images.

Oh boy!
I took a look inside of framework.apk (once I renamed it)
and unzipped it...

I can't find those images.
What I was wanting to do is have a mash up of mostly
(the newly found) Black N Bold, with a touch of Tangerine but I don't find the images I was looking for. I am dissapoint:p

Upvote 0
I swear, I tried to read that "Theming Guide", but you are supposed to download tons of things to make it work, when you actually only need either WinRar or 7zip. That's it. That is about the most cumbersome guide I have ever tried to read.

Hi Stewart I had just one more annoying question for you.

Since ADB has never been able to run on my W7 64bit laptop...
Is it possible to (instead of recompiling the rom, then flashing it)
can I just take the google search apk and install it in the system app
section of the phone via root explorer?

Upvote 0
Hi Stewart I had just one more annoying question for you.

Since ADB has never been able to run on my W7 64bit laptop...
Is it possible to (instead of recompiling the rom, then flashing it)
can I just take the google search apk and install it in the system app
section of the phone via root explorer?

I have never used ADB. I would be clueless. I just know the system I use I would take both themes, and transfer whatever the way I stated earlier. But the google search apk I have seen different in a few roms...

Upvote 0
I have never used ADB. I would be clueless. I just know the system I use I would take both themes, and transfer whatever the way I stated earlier. But the google search apk I have seen different in a few roms...

So I must flash the newly created combined "theme" as an update.zip
basically and flash via Clockwork? I took a look inside the Google Quick Search apk, renamed to zip and looked and found all of the images
for the Tangerine widget.

For some reason on my Droid 1 the lower case g and the word google is
low res and doesn't look as sharp as the black and bold theme.

No worries.
I think I'll back stuff up, and go for it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones