LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

70 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

2 vote(s)
    2.3%

Last Updated:

1. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

WiFi works in this build. Your error message is telling you that it can't authenticate. This might be a "alt lock" problem with the keyboard where you typed your password incorrectly (but didn't realize it).

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

I don't recommend you run this script. It frees up 100MB of RAM by closing other apps that are running. Some people like to use this but realistically, Android has a built in task management system that will close off apps as needed for speed.

Just leave it be and let android work...worrying about free memory is a mistake IMO.
  3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Thanks.
  4. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Weird thing happened. I had 1.4.1 with Chevy's running fine. Then this morning, the phone was turned off. Somehow it completely drained the battery.

Anyway, this morning I charged it for a couple hours and now it's finally at 5% and turned on.
  5. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Liquid....

I am uploading Watermark'D 3.3 LFY 1.4 with an updated Pandora icon:

[​IMG]
  6. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

If you are seeing the M logo twice, isn't that during the bootloader loadup of your phone before you are even getting to the ROM? This sounds to me like a H/W problem with your phone. Could someone who has actually written a ROM correct me if I am wrong here.
  7. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

And fixed in-call background I hope? (Minus the Chevy logos all over the place.) I apologize if this has been fixed already, I haven't updated anything related to the theme since the first install.
  8. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

I might be missing something, but this method does not fix the hardware keyboard alt-lock issue, correct (when used with the multi-touch keyboard)? I haven't rebooted after installing, which might be the issue...
  9. stewart1champ

Shoot....

Let me get on that. Forgot all about it. My apologies. I will add the in call real quick.
  10. stewart1champ

Uploading it now. 5 minutes.
  11. stewart1champ

Ok, should be fixed.
  12. liquid0624

liquid0624 Well-Known Member Developer

Thanks stewart as of now i will be focusing more on development and less time on themes so i hope you continue to update your beautiful theme to go with my ROM in the future but i will not be releasing a custom version of your theme from here on out :)
    UBRocked likes this.
  13. SigmunDroid

SigmunDroid Well-Known Member

Stewart and Liquid.
    This is the best ROM I've tried! And I had a question either of you...

Is it possible to say download Tangerine, Smoke and Watermarked
    theme and reassemble certain apk's to form a hybrid theme?
  14. UBRocked

You're question intrigues me...

Let me play for a minute... :D
  15. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I do it all the time -- so the answer is, yes, it's certainly possible, although you probably need to learn to do it yourself (as I did). Here's a good place to start: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en.
    SigmunDroid likes this.
  16. stewart1champ

Or you could use 7zip, open both themes, transfer one you want to one you want to use. Nothing changes, needs resigned, etc. As long as the interior of the .apk is the same, the version is the same, it will work.

Would take 30mins to compile, upload and flash.
    GirLuvsDroid likes this.
  17. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

That's quite true, if you just want to switch out some apks -- but if you want to change images in framework-res.apk and in the other themed apks (so you use some from here and some from there, as I do), then the Theming Guide is an excellent resource to get you started!
  18. stewart1champ

Personally, I find it easier to drag the folder out of 7zip onto the desktop. Rename it whatever. Drag the other, rename it old or whatever. Transfer whatever files you want.

Open up theme you want to use, and then open framework. You will see the list of images. Take the folder you have edited images in, open it, and see list of images. Select all, drag over to framework for theme you want to use. It compiles, and you are done. close 7zip folder with "new" theme.

Load to phone, flash. Your framework-res is still signed, and nothing has changed except the images.
  19. stewart1champ

I swear, I tried to read that "Theming Guide", but you are supposed to download tons of things to make it work, when you actually only need either WinRar or 7zip. That's it. That is about the most cumbersome guide I have ever tried to read.
  20. SigmunDroid

I see, because they are essentially the same themes but themed differently, right?:) I tried trying out certain themed apk's from I take it your work
    because I liked the phone dialer, thinking it was in the phone.apk (Doh!)

I was running BB but honestly it was quite buggy and well...
    Now I'm running (in the sig) and it's just amazingly smooth.

I even prefer ADW launcher to launcher pro plus but those LPP widgets
    are too good to pass up. I wish there was a contact widget and calendar widget available, themed with the black and bold theme that I could use
    with ADW.

That theme I think will become one of if not the best theme once
    people use it.
  21. SigmunDroid

Oh boy!
    I took a look inside of framework.apk (once I renamed it)
    and unzipped it...

I can't find those images.
    What I was wanting to do is have a mash up of mostly
    (the newly found) Black N Bold, with a touch of Tangerine but I don't find the images I was looking for. I am dissapoint:p
  22. SigmunDroid

Hi Stewart I had just one more annoying question for you.

Since ADB has never been able to run on my W7 64bit laptop...
    Is it possible to (instead of recompiling the rom, then flashing it)
    can I just take the google search apk and install it in the system app
    section of the phone via root explorer?
  23. UBRocked

Yeah...so I'm a big ol noob at this but I just loaded the WM'D framework with the rest of the blueberry theme and now I have "WaTer'D BeRrY FroZeN YoGurT"

I have never played with themes before...just loaded whatever was available. Kind of doesn't go together though! LOL
  24. stewart1champ

I have never used ADB. I would be clueless. I just know the system I use I would take both themes, and transfer whatever the way I stated earlier. But the google search apk I have seen different in a few roms...
  25. SigmunDroid

So I must flash the newly created combined "theme" as an update.zip
    basically and flash via Clockwork? I took a look inside the Google Quick Search apk, renamed to zip and looked and found all of the images
    for the Tangerine widget.

For some reason on my Droid 1 the lower case g and the word google is
    low res and doesn't look as sharp as the black and bold theme.

No worries.
    I think I'll back stuff up, and go for it.