• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed a couple bugs. One of them is when you use the keyboard slide out and u use the alt key some times it sticks on and sometimes it doesn't. Loaded this clean wiped 3 times. Also when you place a call it has Chevy bow tie and SS on the screen, not a big deal but the keyboard thing makes it hard lol Also no Matter what p3 lv kernel i use i only get 600 its like setcpu doesn't like them any ideas?

Let me know what you think.

thanks
Larry

Upvote 0
I have noticed a couple bugs. One of them is when you use the keyboard slide out and u use the alt key some times it sticks on and sometimes it doesn't. Loaded this clean wiped 3 times. Also when you place a call it has Chevy bow tie and SS on the screen, not a big deal but the keyboard thing makes it hard lol Also no Matter what p3 lv kernel i use i only get 600 its like setcpu doesn't like them any ideas?

Let me know what you think.

thanks
Larry

The keyboard and cosmetic theme issues have been reported a number of times already. The keyboard issue is with the Droid2 multi-touch keyboard itself and the patch Liquid released last night replaces that keyboard with the stock Android keyboard. The theme issues will be fixed in the next release.

Exactly what are your settings in SetCPU? And get 600 what?

Upvote 0
Turn off USB debugging.

My wife's phone is the same way ;) No matter what ROM...(even when it was stock) the phone MUST have USB debugging turned off to mount to the computer.

I don't know why...but give it a shot.

no good. i tried downloading the ROM from my phone and the exact words that were given to me were, "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." Maybe it's because im trying to put it on a Moto Droid? but then again, my friend has the same phone as me and he has the ROM so idk...

Upvote 0
no good. i tried downloading the ROM from my phone and the exact words that were given to me were, "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." Maybe it's because im trying to put it on a Moto Droid? but then again, my friend has the same phone as me and he has the ROM so idk...

You using the stock browser? Seriously, try DolphinHD.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Hey Now...Don't dis the stock brower...I love that browser! :D

Sorry, it wasn't my intent to dis the stock browser -- it's just finicky about downloading files. I use Dolphin for all my downloads -- not only is it not finicky, it also gives me a popup and lets me confirm that I do indeed want to DL that file.

YAAAYYY!!!!!!! its done :)

w00t!!!

Upvote 0
Sorry, it wasn't my intent to dis the stock browser -- it's just finicky about downloading files. I use Dolphin for all my downloads -- not only is it not finicky, it also gives me a popup and lets me confirm that I do indeed want to DL that file.

I just wish the default browser had fullscreen option by default...why would you not add that Google? :p

Upvote 0
how come everytime i download the 1.4 ROM, i cant open and view the files on my computer (it keeps saying invalid file) and when i try to install it on my phone with clockwork recovery, it keeps sayin the installation was aborted cuz the file was bad....my friend has liquid frozen yogurt and i want it really bad!! :(
Have you tried re-flashing clockword? Try flashing spf recovery through ROM manager and then flashing clockwork again. You might have to try an older version of clockwork (found under all clockworkmod recoveries at the bottom of ROMmanager). Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Applied the update over 1.4 and now every time I try to use the android keyboard it force closes.

I've tried everything: fixing permissions, wiping cache, reinstalling, removing my smoked glass theme, and even wiping everything and installing the update over a fresh install of the rom nothing works.

I am having the same problem. Updated with the patch and now each time I try to use the on-screen keyboard after a couple of letters it gives me the option to force close or report it.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. Updated with the patch and now each time I try to use the on-screen keyboard after a couple of letters it gives me the option to force close or report it.

I didn't see the problem with the patch...but I'm running a version 1.5 alpha build :D which never had the Droid2 keyboard.

Go to settings > language and keyboard > uncheck the box for android keyboard, and then recheck the box again...that should fix your problem (per liquid).

Upvote 0
I didn't see the problem with the patch...but I'm running a version 1.5 alpha build :D which never had the Droid2 keyboard.

Go to settings > language and keyboard > uncheck the box for android keyboard, and then recheck the box again...that should fix your problem (per liquid).

Checking/un-checking the box didnt help the first time I tried it, but after a few times it magically started to work just fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones