• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.71 (FRG83 Built From Source!!! Get It While Its HOT!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know what is on the themers pack and how to install it? Do you flash it in rom manager?

NO!! Don't flash it!! It has parts and pieces of different apks to assist themers in putting their themes together. If you're not familiar with theming apks and framework-res.apks, then it's really not for you.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

I have been MIA for a few weeks (if that matters to anyone LOL) but I needed to do sooooo many other things I have been putting to the side ONLY bcuz I have been enjoying v1.6 so much!!!

Now, I login, and lookie what we have here...v1.7!!! Saweeet! I was just gonna reflash v1.6 @nite but not anymore...its onto v1.7!

LiQuID...donation coming in couple days or before!!!

I am working, and I apologize for taking so long...but im working on a "How to" and will send that to the respective recipients in hopes of maybe a sticky for NooooB's like myself, I am greatful for everyone's guidance, assistance, and direction!

I dont want to say much about this bcuz its more on a personal level but i cant resist...@SoDroid, how is that a@@ feeling after that butt whoopin my Colts put on your Donkey's last weekend??? LMFAO...thanks for taking me to the game bro, your awesome buddy!! I sent you a text for that come back from Da Broncos yesterday!!! Good sh#t!!! :D

Upvote 0
I'm using it to handle my CPU scaling without SetCPU. If you want to use SetCPU, however, you can certainly do so.

By the way, if the CPU scaling in Liquid Tweaks doesn't work for you (you can check it by running the cpuinfo script), then here's the fix. Go into Terminal Emulator and type:

su
sysrw
chmod 0755 /etc/init.d/01cpufreq

The go into Liquid Tweaks and uncheck CPU frequency scaling and recheck it, then set your sliders and reboot. Again, you can check to see if it's working by using the cpuinfo script.

Thanks for the info. So am I correct to assume they do basically the same thing? (Apart from creating profiles) In that case disabling the CPU scaling in LFY won't hurt.. Correct?

Upvote 0
5052345508_b89ec7cbf9.jpg

Search button is not broken it is just not included. Download it from the market.

Upvote 0
I dont want to say much about this bcuz its more on a personal level but i cant resist...@SoDroid, how is that a@@ feeling after that butt whoopin my Colts put on your Donkey's last weekend??? LMFAO...thanks for taking me to the game bro, your awesome buddy!! I sent you a text for that come back from Da Broncos yesterday!!! Good sh#t!!! :D

Man it was great when you were MIA :D
Yea the Colts may have won last week but they didn't this week. Our records are tied and statistically we have the better quarterback right now :p
I remember when the Colts were good....

You're welcome for the tickets. But remember, its never too late to come to Broncos Country.

Regarding LFY 1.7, I've been running it for a few hours now and its running GREAT!

Upvote 0
Hi,

So, using Skyfire, I thought I could remove the stock browser, and I ran Liquid's script to remove it.

Now Skyfire doesn't work. :( I'm guessing I needed the stock browser.

Can someone send me the browser apk and let me know where I need to install it to?

Thanks.

David

If no one has an app link, your can re flash lfy over, just don't do any of the formatting or wiping. I had to do that b/c I screwed up and deleted the native text app, and it worked great.

Upvote 0
If no one has an app link, your can re flash lfy over, just don't do any of the formatting or wiping. I had to do that b/c I screwed up and deleted the native text app, and it worked great.

Thanks. I thought about doing that, but I've already applied the Galaxy S theme over it, so I didn't want to screw that up.

I do have a nandroid of the stock 1.71 before I flashed the theme, so I might just revert to that if I have to.

But I thought a simple push to the system/app/ folder might work.

I'm gonna try that now.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Liquid's personal response was to reinstall the update.zip file just don't wipe which will cause it to restore :)

kongo101
Hello,

Any chance you can pull the browser from the ROM and send it to me?

I'm guessing I need to push it to the phone manually, using terminal emulator.

would it look something like this:

su
sysrw
push "com.android.browser" /system/app/
sysro

he said it's probably easier to just reinstall the update.zip file just don't wipe and it should restore for you

Thanks. I just restored the nandroid of the stock 1.71 image i had, then will reapply the theme.

Thanks again, and thanks for all your hard work!

:) Hopefully this helps a few others as well

If you like my work and want to make a donation I would appreciate
any generosity
heart.gif

Click here to DONATE

Upvote 0
Due to a rather busy day, I haven't had much time to sit down and play with this since I flashed early this afternoon. I flashed a kernel and theme, made and received a few calls, and did some email checking, but otherwise not a whole lot. Why I'm I telling you'se this? Because it's been 12 hours and I'm only down to 70% battery life. I don't know how it'll take to really working her, but even just sitting stagnant, that's the best battery life I've seen since coming to 2.2.

Upvote 0
I have a question for all the themers out there: why are there always Beautiful Widgets skins available, but never Weather Widget skins? Normally it's not an issue b/c I have plenty that go with most of what I want to put on it. However, when I have the rare opportunity to flash a theme as diff as Golden Elegance, I'm left without a skin to properly match. Yeah, this is probably pretty petty of me.

Since I'm asking, does anyone know of another spot to get more Weather Widget skins? There hasn't been one added to the clock skin downloader in a rather long time, and the Market doesn't seem to have all that many.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Great ROM so far. I love it. Plenty fast and stable...

One thing I noticed: When there are tabs and the background is black, the selected tab's text doesn't show (I think the letters are the wrong color).

For example, in Market, the tabs "Top Paid" "Top Free" "Just In"... whatever tab you're on... you can't see the heading.

Something small... doesn't really bother me, but I thought I would mention.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones