• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.71 (FRG83 Built From Source!!! Get It While Its HOT!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im missing the microphone "talk to text" button on my keyboard after a fresh flash to 1.7 and 1.71. After a factory reset I got my google search bar back the way i liked but then Google decided to restore my apps for me and broke it again. I have turned off the Google backups but after factory resetting it again it just puts everything back yet again, BAH. How do i get Google to F off and how can i get my mic button back?

I was able to get my keyboard mic button and whatnot back with a nandroid restore, but back to 1.6 :/

I noticed that in the Keyboard and Locale setting with 1.71 and in Keyboard settings I didnt have the "Voice Input" option to have it on the keyboard, it was gone. Also under Voice Input and Output I didnt have the "Voice Recognizer Settings" options. All of these were gone for me in 1.71.

You need to install Voice Search from the market -- it's not included in the ROM because it's a market app.

With respect to getting your apps the way you want them -- I suggest using Titanium Backup and following the instructions I posted here: http://androidforums.com/liquid0624...urce-get-fast-before-melts-8.html#post1694578.

Upvote 0
OK, so yesterday I ended up with the day off so that I could see the doctor and take my car into the shop so with extra time on my hands, I went to 1.71.

Wow. Loving it so far.

I did the wipe data/cache, format boot, format system out of habit (noticed when I flashed the ROM that it says it did it too), immediately loaded the Smoked Theme and then immediately loaded the 1.71 update without ever booting the phone.

Booted up, turned on WiFi and let the apps restore, which ended up being a really good thing since I encountered the 1G problem and had to call to activate 3G.

I did all of this without charging and starting at about 90% battery. After about 7 hours I was at 20%, but that's with restoring so much stuff over wifi, it's not really a valid show of battery life. That'll come today as I'm going to leave it off the charger here at work.

The phone is snappy to a ridiculous level. It's incredibly responsive and unlike with 1.6, this phone is running COOL. Even playing a game while waiting for my carpool mate to pick me up this morning, the phone never really got all that warm.

I removed SetCPU to allow LFY to manage my overclocking. Figured I might as well give it a chance.

I'm loving the extra customizations that are available and am really looking forward to seeing what other customizations show up in future releases.

All-in-all, I have to agree with those that have said this is easily the best LFY yet. Well done!

Upvote 0
I also figured out how to change the launcher pro launch icon.

How did you do it? I'd like to as well.

Hmmm...battery life...

Been off the charger since 7am, traveled in car about 3-4 hours today (switching cell towers...), light texting, web browsing, and about an hour of gaming tonight...50% battery left. Running the 1.2 GHz slayher kernel, compcache on, using SetCPU for overclocking...and here are my profiles (just FYI)...
5vcIql.jpg

How did you get the minimum speed set to 300? I have to chose 250, and 400 is the next lowest I can go.

Upvote 0
How did you do it? I'd like to as well.

How did you get the minimum speed set to 300? I have to chose 250, and 400 is the next lowest I can go.

As for the LP Icons...just long press the icon on the dock. You will have the option to change the shortcut or change the icon.

Some of Slayher's kernels have different minimum clocks. I am running the 1.2GHz kernel and the minimum clock speed is 300MHz instead of 250MHz.

Reactions: Nuance
Upvote 0
As for the LP Icons...just long press the icon on the dock. You will have the option to change the shortcut or change the icon.

Some of Slayher's kernels have different minimum clocks. I am running the 1.2GHz kernel and the minimum clock speed is 300MHz instead of 250MHz.

Oh cool; the different kernel makes sense. Thank you.

Does anyone how how to get speech to text and voice search working on this rom?

Upvote 0
calender now has white text ?
possible it's the same setting as the battery widget under liquid's tools. It's the only setting I have white every this else is yellow. Changing now and rebooting.
pic here: Android Forums

edit: nope it's still white, it must have changed when I went to the theme as the background isn't transparent anymore.

also notice my battery percent text, it's almost like it's out of registration at first I thought it was the picture but just double checked my phone.

in the process of finding me a google search to match..

edit: edit:
I had to go back and take the smoked google from 1.6 and add it to smoked 1.7 theme taking out all the other apps and it themed right up. I got the google.zip if anyone needs it, if this is ok with the DEV's..
pic here:Android Forums

Upvote 0
Sorry to arrive late to this party. Been busy lately. Loving the ROM. I couldn't be more impressed. One question, though. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but the font looks different than v1.6. Is this the case, or am I just going crazy? And speaking of fonts, the ability to change them (like JRummy offers) using the wonderful Liquid Tweaks app would make this app even better.

Upvote 0
in setcpu under advanced my min sample rate is -1 but it says default is 50000. i am not sure about what this means. should i put it back to 50000? or lower?

I've found that -1 is a very common instance for the sampling rate in SetCPU on an interactive governor. I read in another forum that, in programming language, -1 is the same thing as "default," which means that your sampling rate is the 50000 default value (and 50000 is the sampling rate that slayher recommends for his interactive governor).

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
in setcpu under advanced my min sample rate is -1 but it says default is 50000. i am not sure about what this means. should i put it back to 50000? or lower?

Once you click on the advanced tab and see the -1 just click on another tab and then click on the advanced tab again...it should show the "actual" value. I think it's just a reporting error or something...

Upvote 0
So, has anyone gotten an error after flashing this ROM that doesn't allow you to activate the phone? I tried it several times from the screen where it asks you to touch the Droid. I also skipped that, connected to WiFi, verified internet connectivity, tried again after opening the market and being prompted to activate, and it still failed. The error is something to the effect that there isn't a reliable connection and to seek assistance from your service provider. I've never seen this problem before. I did a backup and wipe from ROM Manager and installed from there.

Restored my Nandroid back to LV 1GHz P3Droid Stock FRG22D. Maybe I'll try the ROM that I downloaded to my PC instead of using ROM Manager.

Upvote 0
So, has anyone gotten an error after flashing this ROM that doesn't allow you to activate the phone? I tried it several times from the screen where it asks you to touch the Droid. I also skipped that, connected to WiFi, verified internet connectivity, tried again after opening the market and being prompted to activate, and it still failed. The error is something to the effect that there isn't a reliable connection and to seek assistance from your service provider. I've never seen this problem before. I did a backup and wipe from ROM Manager and installed from there.

Restored my Nandroid back to LV 1GHz P3Droid Stock FRG22D. Maybe I'll try the ROM that I downloaded to my PC instead of using ROM Manager.

Not entirely sure about this, but I think it has to do with your baseband.

Try updating with this: baseband-update.zip

Install with CM Recovery like any other update, rename to update.zip for SPR.

Hope that helps!

This ROM is amazing BTW! I have been running it for close to a week now, wow is it fast!

I have a question, though this isn't only applicable in this ROM...

I have been trying, in vain, since I rooted my droid to change the font size. Spare Parts, no matter what ROM I'm running, only changes the font size while I'm still in Spare Parts. Once I back out, font size reverts. Does anyone else have this issue? Any known fixes?

Upvote 0
I have been trying, in vain, since I rooted my droid to change the font size. Spare Parts, no matter what ROM I'm running, only changes the font size while I'm still in Spare Parts. Once I back out, font size reverts. Does anyone else have this issue? Any known fixes?
Same here on the fonts...
Just went and tried..

I don't know why they keep that option in SpareParts, to tell you the truth. I have never, in any Android version from 2.0.1 to now, or in any ROM I've ever used, been able to get that font size option in Spare Parts to work (other than within SpareParts itself, and then it only lasts until you close SpareParts in that session -- open it again and you're back to default font size).

Reactions: thaDroidz
Upvote 0
Not entirely sure about this, but I think it has to do with your baseband.

Try updating with this: baseband-update.zip

Install with CM Recovery like any other update, rename to update.zip for SPR.

Hope that helps!

This ROM is amazing BTW! I have been running it for close to a week now, wow is it fast!

I really don't think it was a baseband thing. I flashed the LFY ROM and Update that I downloaded to my PC, restored my apps from Titanium Backup, and logged in to google with no problems. Still don't know what the deal was. The first time the only thing I didn't do was format system and boot. I didn't use Titanium Backup the first time either. I decided to try GirLovesDroid's method of flashing ROMs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones