• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.71 (FRG83 Built From Source!!! Get It While Its HOT!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I'm a total noob at rooting and such, I decided it was time to give it a shot since the D1 won't be seeing any future official android updates...
Anyway I followed the instructions here Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum and got root access. Then I downloaded LFYv1.7 and put it on the root of my SD card and renamed it update.zip, rebooted my phone into recovery mode and factory reset/cache wipe and installed the update.
Now my Wi-Fi won't connect - It can scan and find networks but when I tell it to connect to mine, it goes into this little 'connecting -> disconnected -> connecting -> disconnected' loop until Wi-Fi simply turns itself off and then back on again.
I read somewhere that drivers for Wi-Fi are included in the kernel files, which to my understanding are installed in the same way ROMs are installed. I downloaded the 1000slv kernel and installed it the same way I installed the ROM and that didn't seem to fix the problem. I'm about to install the 900slv kernel and see what happens.
Anybody else have the same problem? If so, did you fix it and how?

*I don't know if it matters, but I was running the official 2.2 frg22b before I did any of this.

Upvote 0
Now my Wi-Fi won't connect - It can scan and find networks but when I tell it to connect to mine, it goes into this little 'connecting -> disconnected -> connecting -> disconnected' loop until Wi-Fi simply turns itself off and then back on again.

I read somewhere that drivers for Wi-Fi are included in the kernel files, which to my understanding are installed in the same way ROMs are installed. I downloaded the 1000slv kernel and installed it the same way I installed the ROM and that didn't seem to fix the problem. I'm about to install the 900slv kernel and see what happens.

Anybody else have the same problem? If so, did you fix it and how?

My wifi worked perfectly on the stock 1000mhz slayher kernel and it continues to work perfectly on the slayher 1100 I'm using now. I don't think it's the kernels or the ROM.

Try resetting your router (turning it off and back on ), then see if your phone will connect to it.

Upvote 0
I'm still not seeing anything in the Market. I was using 1.6 fine before this weekend. Updated to 1.7 then applied the 1.71 update. Restored my apps using Titanium Backup so it wouldn't take as long when syncing.

When I go in the Market, there's only 1 app listed under Featured. If I click Apps, Games, or Verizon, it just sits there loading as long as I keep it there.

If I go to Download, it says No downloads from Android Market.

Upvote 0
I'm still not seeing anything in the Market. I was using 1.6 fine before this weekend. Updated to 1.7 then applied the 1.71 update. Restored my apps using Titanium Backup so it wouldn't take as long when syncing.

When I go in the Market, there's only 1 app listed under Featured. If I click Apps, Games, or Verizon, it just sits there loading as long as I keep it there.

If I go to Download, it says No downloads from Android Market.

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, to the All tab and scroll down to Market. Open it, then clear data and cache.

Reactions: Frank Grimes
Upvote 0
My wifi worked perfectly on the stock 1000mhz slayher kernel and it continues to work perfectly on the slayher 1100 I'm using now. I don't think it's the kernels or the ROM.

Try resetting your router (turning it off and back on ), then see if your phone will connect to it.

Well it seems the problem has resolved itself :thinking:

I noticed when the phone found my router, it displayed that it was protected with WEP. I know that's not the case, it's protected with WPA/WPA2 PSK. All I did was let the phone continue to try to connect to the router and eventually it saw that it was WPA and connected straight away.

Anyway, back to the 1ghz kernel for me :) Thanks.

Update - It seems to be something wrong with my router - the phone now only sees it as being protected by WEP which is not the case, as it's WPA. I can connect to any other unsecured wap with no problems. I'll try changing some settings on the router itself and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
Just wondering how you disable compcache on startup? I know I can turn it off manually, but is there a way to disable it each reboot?

Take a look at the information I posted in a link earlier in this thread (in a post to which you responded, I might add)! ;)

http://androidforums.com/liquid0624...t-source-get-while-its-hot-2.html#post1700419

But here, I'll save you the trouble of following that link. How I disabled compcache to survive reboot was: first, go into Terminal Emulator and type:

su
/system/bin/compcache stop

That will stop compcache temporarily, until you reboot. Then, in Root Explorer, go into /etc/init.d, tap Mount R/W, then long press 90compcache, select Rename and rename the file to 90compcache.bak, then reboot. That will keep compcache from enabling at start-up.

If you want to enable it again, you can go to init.d and remove the .bak extension from 90compcache, and reboot. Then run /system/bin/compacache stats in Terminal Emulator to make sure it started and if not, type /system/bin/compcache start.

Upvote 0
Um, hmmmm :) I was just testing ya to see if you were paying attention ;)

Seems the phones slows down a tiny bit over time with compcache so i'm going to turn it off and see how that works...

Thank you!!!

Take a look at the information I posted in a link earlier in this thread (in a post to which you responded, I might add)! ;)

http://androidforums.com/liquid0624...t-source-get-while-its-hot-2.html#post1700419

But here, I'll save you the trouble of following that link. How I disabled compcache to survive reboot was: first, go into Terminal Emulator and type:

su
/system/bin/compcache stop

That will stop compcache temporarily, until you reboot. Then, in Root Explorer, go into /etc/init.d, tap Mount R/W, then long press 90compcache, select Rename and rename the file to 90compcache.bak, then reboot. That will keep compcache from enabling at start-up.

If you want to enable it again, you can go to init.d and remove the .bak extension from 90compcache, and reboot. Then run /system/bin/compacache stats in Terminal Emulator to make sure it started and if not, type /system/bin/compcache start.

Upvote 0
I don't know why they keep that option in SpareParts, to tell you the truth. I have never, in any Android version from 2.0.1 to now, or in any ROM I've ever used, been able to get that font size option in Spare Parts to work (other than within SpareParts itself, and then it only lasts until you close SpareParts in that session -- open it again and you're back to default font size).

I hardly ever use it, but tried just to see if I had the same results.
you nailed it right on the head!

Upvote 0
Anyone else have random reboot and after a photo the camera freezing up the whole phone? These are intermitted problem and dont really bug me but i thought i would ask. The reboot happened today while playing music and i have had one other one that happened when web browsing. the camera problem just happens whenever.

I haven't had a single random reboot since I started running LFY 1.71, nor has the camera caused any freezes. In fact, I haven't even had any force closes, other than when I was doing a Titanium Backup and that process force-closed open apps to back them up.

Upvote 0
Okay....just loaded this onto my wifes phone. I got everything set up okay. The only problem that I am running into and this is a big problem for my wife (music junkie) is that her 3 GB of music that is on her card is not showing up in the Music Player. It was working fine with her previous ROM.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I'm very envious of you all who are getting low temps and good battery life out of this ROM. I took my phone off the charger at 730am and my phone died at 4pm. I fixed my high temp problem by flashing a P3Droid Kernel, but my battery life is suffering still. Stock Rooted FRG22D I was getting at least 15 hours of battery with the same P3Droid kernel.

I guess my phone just doesn't like either of them, LFY and Slayer kernels. I'll give it another day with my other battery to see if there's a problem there.

Upvote 0
Okay....just loaded this onto my wifes phone. I got everything set up okay. The only problem that I am running into and this is a big problem for my wife (music junkie) is that her 3 GB of music that is on her card is not showing up in the Music Player. It was working fine with her previous ROM.

Any ideas?

I had this issue... for a little bit. I have 30 movies and 5GB of music on my phone. Nothing showed up in gallery or Mixzing at first.

1. If you don't have Astro (market app), get it.
2. Find your music files in Astro
3. Move one of the songs to the Root of the SD card (copy might work too)
4. Select it from within' Astro, it should ask you what program you want to use to play it
5. select your music player of choice and play your song.
6. For me, all of my stuff finally synced up when I went back into Gallery and MixZing.
7. Move your song back to it's original location (if you just copied it, you should be able to delete the one that's on the root of the SD card and your original file should still be wherever it was.

note: I did this with a movie file, that then seemed to cue the rest of my movies and music to sync back up.

Upvote 0
I'm very envious of you all who are getting low temps and good battery life out of this ROM. I took my phone off the charger at 730am and my phone died at 4pm. I fixed my high temp problem by flashing a P3Droid Kernel, but my battery life is suffering still. Stock Rooted FRG22D I was getting at least 15 hours of battery with the same P3Droid kernel.

I guess my phone just doesn't like either of them, LFY and Slayer kernels. I'll give it another day with my other battery to see if there's a problem there.

might i suggest trying a Chevy kernel. Whenever roms give me heck at first, since a lot use Slayher kernels now, i try a chevy kernel and normally it makes everything better.

Upvote 0
might i suggest trying a Chevy kernel. Whenever roms give me heck at first, since a lot use Slayher kernels now, i try a chevy kernel and normally it makes everything better.

Well, my battery is doing much better today. It's been 10 hours and I still have 60%. Maybe my other battery is toast? I'll have to mark it somehow to keep track of which one I have installed.

I might try Chevy again too though.

LFY v1.71, P3Droid LV 125-1000MHz

Upvote 0
Loving the new ROM. Right after I flashed, I had issues with calendar. Something got stuck in an endless loop and it sucked my phone dry in a matter of hours just sitting there (which sucked as I was at ACL and unable to stay in touch with my crew... oh well). I finally disabled everything having to do with calendar and started it over. Seems fine now (but I am still having the black transparent background issue with the calendar widget, so I had to stop using it -- unviewable). Otherwise, this is fast and more responsive than anything I've used before. With mild usage, I use maybe 20% of the battery after 8 hours. Sweet.

I don't think my apps automatically updated through the market, but no matter, b/c I planned to use Titanium Backup anyway (and did). I think everything is back now the way I like it, and it didn't take long at all (other than the calendar crap, and I don't blame LFY for that - I blame Google calendar sync for that).

Haven't loaded the 1.71 update though... do I need to? Does that require another wipe?

donated. :)

Upvote 0
I keep seeing in the theme shots that launcher pro is themed. When i install it, its just the plain white icons. How do you theme this? Also, what's in the themer pack?

Themer Pack is for people who create themes...not for the normal user. This provides an easier way for people to port their themes over to this ROM.

As for the LP being themed, just long press on your icons at the bottom and select "change icon". You can then select between using custom icons or Launcher Pro icons. If you go here LauncherPro Forum • Index page you can find many different icons to download to your sd card (put them in a folder on the root of your sd card so gallery can find it.

If you want to change your dock background, go to LauncherPro Forum • Index page and download some of the custom dock backgrounds and put them inside a separate folder on the root of your sd card also. From your home screen, press menu > preferences > appearance settings > dock background > select "Custom" and the gallery will appear letting you navigate to any of the docks you downloaded.

Upvote 0
well i loved 1.6 so i decide to flash this one and all i can say is WOW!!!!!! This thing is fast and ive got battery life that i have never seen on my droid. im still running the kernal that came with it and if it keeps up its going to say. all i can say is you guys have out done yourselves. ive only had one random reboot but ill blame that on the rom still being fresh in the phone, because past roms ive tried did it more than once in a day. Oh and by the way i love the extra tweaks that have been added and hope you come up with more. I love my droid agian. When i get a little extra cash you can garenty i will be donating.

Upvote 0
One huge bug (for me). I thought i read earlier up here that there is NOT a function to change tracks w/ the volume rocker when the screen is off. But on my phone this is possible. Vol down changes the track forward..and volume up cahnges the track backwards. this worked for the first day, but then ever since that first successful day of use..when i try to change tracks using this method, it will loop and automatically change tracks until i perform a battery pull. No button works..not even the screen off button. This happened repeatedly enough to where I dont even attempt to change tracks this way, I just use the on screen track change icons.

Anyone else experiance this? Also... 1.6 seems to have been a perfect fit on my phone..1.71 is slow compared to it. But to note, I am running slayers 1.2...this is the first time my phone has accepted a 1.2 kernel :)

Upvote 0
I flashed this ROM on the 4th, and it's now the 15th and I'm still using this ROM. There's a few diff ROMs out there that I could be reviewing, but the truth is, I don't want to. This ROM hasn't lost one bit of a step. My battery life is great (yanno, for a 2.2 Droid), and the ROM is as fast as the day I put it on.

Lil tidbit for ya, I finally convinced my g/f to let me root her DInc. In this period, I've gotten to play with it an awful lot. I can honestly and truly say that my Droid is as snappy as her DInc, and I'm running at 800MHz. Really, the only thing I can say I truly like better on her phone is the camera.

Speaking of camera, I did notice something. I don't know if it's the ROM or what, but my camera app seems to be stuck on the negative setting. And for some reason, I can't pull out my options to change it. I only just noticed the other day (I've got a 15mp camera at my disposal, and the Droid's is mediocre at best, so I didn't notice it before my review, sue me). Has anyone else had this issue? If so, does anyone know a fix?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones