• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.95 (Liquid Smooth Edition Source ROM!! Faster Then Frozen!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like an idiot asking this but is this ROM for the captivate? Because I have cognition working perfectly and I would really like to get LFY on my captivate, I've been trying but i just keep getting that Error 7 thing. And if so can i do it through ROM manager instead of booting through recovery? because every time i do it through recovery i get that error :(

Any help please ?

EDIT: damn ... went onto there site and cried when i saw this...
"ROM & THEMES FOR ORIGINAL MOTODROID ONLY!!!"

answered my question ..

Upvote 0
I hate to appear ignorant, but will that require a data wipe?
No. I would make a back up first, but just use ROM manager to select the .zip file and apply it without clearing any data.

Or if you prefer,

Boot into recovery and apply the .zip file from there. Again, do not clear any data.

PS:
We are talking about the call screen fix for LFY 1.95

Upvote 0
I hate to appear ignorant, but will that require a data wipe?

No, see SN's reply for more details.

I feel like an idiot asking this but is this ROM for the captivate? Because I have cognition working perfectly and I would really like to get LFY on my captivate, I've been trying but i just keep getting that Error 7 thing. And if so can i do it through ROM manager instead of booting through recovery? because every time i do it through recovery i get that error :(

Any help please ?

EDIT: damn ... went onto there site and cried when i saw this...
"ROM & THEMES FOR ORIGINAL MOTODROID ONLY!!!"

answered my question ..

Yup, sorry, bud, best place to find ROMs for that device will be in the Captivate forums.

No. I would make a back up first, but just use ROM manager to select the .zip file and apply it without clearing any data.

Or if you prefer,

Boot into recovery and apply the .zip file from there. Again, do not clear any data.

PS:
We are talking about the call screen fix for LFY 1.95

In addition, if you perform a data wipe, you'll need to sign in to your Google account again, download all your apps again, etc., just like when you first installed the ROM.

This is a simple fix for one particular program that is a part of the ROM, so there is no need to wipe. It won't hurt if you have just installed the ROM, b/c you probably don't have a lot of data accumulated, but if you installed the ROM 2 weeks ago, then you'll probably have a lot more data accumulated, like SMS, call logs, etc., and you'll lose all that in addition to what I said above.

Short answer: Wiping only needed when swapping / updating / upgrading ROMs. Not needed when applying a patch.

Upvote 0
Nice men thanks
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Upvote 0
I flashed this rom sunday. Monday bluetooth was off because I hadn't t turned it on. I normally have it on all the time. Previously I had decent battery life that lasted all day with the limited use I give it during a typical day. Today I turned bluetooth on and I noticed midday battery percent was at 20. That rarely happens. Just now, I noticed the percentage dropping pretty fast which is unusual. All my settings are the same as before.

I did notice there are up and down arrows next to the 3G...does that mean anything? I don't see anything running that would drain like this.

Upvote 0
The 3G symbol is different. It has little arrows to the left of 3G that look like elevator buttons. They are always there; gray when no activity and white when there is activity. Problem is, it's really difficult to tell the difference between white and gray unless you see it change. Normally I wouldn't think this would be any issue, but if one is concerned about whether there is data flow, then you would want to be able to tell at a glance if it was running.

I still have battery drain issues, and I keep BT off most of the time. I don't like to have to do this. So, I might try swapping out different kernels to see if maybe my phone is not liking the standard kernel that comes with LFY 1.95.

Anybody have any kernel suggestions based on my issue?

Upvote 0
I still have battery drain issues, and I keep BT off most of the time. I don't like to have to do this. So, I might try swapping out different kernels to see if maybe my phone is not liking the standard kernel that comes with LFY 1.95.

Anybody have any kernel suggestions based on my issue?

I would first try changing the governor under Liquid Tweaks; change from interactive to ondemand and give that a whirl. If that doesn't help things, I'm successfully using ChevyNo1's ULV 1.2GHz kernel, but it seems Droids are a bit picky about kernels, so you may have to do a trial and error process to find a good one.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have problems with the dialer? I want to believe if it's a bug then some one else would have mentioned it.
I installed the rom fresh on a full wipe and the dialer now looks like the iphone dialer. I guess I'm ok with that but for an incoming phone call the answer sliders are all jacked up. Anyone got an Idea where I need to start?

eta: nm, I found the thread

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones