Liquid Gingerbread v1.0 Final Release

Last Updated: 2011-02-10 05:57:33
  1. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I will have to try this out. Waiting for a deeper review from a few people then I will jump on the GB train.
  2. sgowrisanker

sgowrisanker Member

Install went smooth. Seems faster but it has only been 24hrs. 4g issue seems to happen sometimes!! Hope it gets fixed soon.
  3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I've had it on just shy of 24 hours now, so now's about as good a time for an initial review as any.

Great boot animation, loaded most of my apps pretty quickly, and overall installation was smooth. Getting it out of the way, it seems 3G is working. Will it continue, I don't know, but my widgets and apps aren't in need of resetting like they were on previous GB ROMs. GPS and all other apps are currently working, as is the accelerometer.

Very fluid ROM (well, it is Liquid...lol), as fast as any ROM I've had on my Droid. From internet, to app opening, you're not gonna wait long.

Battery life is ok. Not great, but not bad. After about 14 hours, I was down to 40% with light to average use. But after pulling it out from there and playing with it, it dropped to 20% mad quick like.

Liquid seems to be following suit now putting his Liquid Tweaks under Settings, which I enjoy. Lot of customizing you can do from there. And there's also the screen off animation that I described in an earlier post which mimics shutting off and older TV set. Totally love that.

Overall, this is a very good ROM and has been the best GB option out there on my Droid. Best of luck to you and yours.
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

FYI: I flashed this ROM right overtop UD 3.0 without wiping anything, not one single issue.
  5. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

is Google Nav working for anyone? i have tried 3 times and cannot get past "checking navigation availability". if there is no fix, that is a total deal breaker for me. i use nav all the time, and need it functioning.:(

i came over thinking this was the first fully functional GB ROM, but continue to find things that don't work quite right. looks like i may have to go back to UD and wait it out a little longer on Gingerbread. keyboard lights are not a big deal to me, but broken Nav is not an option.
  6. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Same Here, Nav was doing same thing for me. Keyboard? With Swype, who uses a keyboard?
  7. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

nav is working fine for me.. installed right over ud 2.5 without wipe.. i know, i know, you're supposed to wipe ..
  8. messenger13

No problem here. Nav works, Maps work, 3G is now working all of the time (after calls), ROM is smooth and stable. I'm all good over here. I couldn't care less about the lights issues ... I'm sure that'll get fixed sooner or later.

I'm just have a little theming issue that I'm about to post about.
  9. ocman

ocman Well-Known Member

Rom is working great for me. The Auto Brightness is not the same (too bright) but I just turned that feature off. The keyboard lights and key lights I dont really care about. Rom is blazin fast and the 3g issue appears to be gone to me.
  10. ocman

ocman Well-Known Member

Where can I get that background?
  11. messenger13

Using NinjaMorph (and the old skool method), I've tried to change the icons in the notification bar. A few icons changed, but not all.
    HuH? :confused:

Icons that changed: All of the battery and GPS icons.
    Icons that didn't: WiFi, alarm clock, 3G/1G, airplane mode

I've never had this issue where some worked and some didn't. When I look at the current framework-res.apk, all of my icons are in there. I don't understand where this ROM is finding the stock icons from. :confused:
  12. SolidOrange

GOT IT!! Run Google Maps first, and then Nav works fine. :D
  13. SolidOrange

ska.t73 likes this.
  14. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Anybody have a link to the launcher skin an icons from the 1st post?
  15. xr4ti

xr4ti Member

supasizefries likes this.
  16. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

As I have posted elsewhere, the 3G fix is actually a workaround - in that a script runs to automatically fix the dropped 3G. It is not a true fix.

That comes later, we hope.
  17. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Am downloading it now - but why hasn't anyone posted this info in Liquid's forum?
  18. Eddifire

Eddifire Active Member

After 1 day everythings working for me except bluetooth. It paired with my stereo headset but sound still coming out of speaker. I always use the keyboard but can't without the backlight. Small inconvience for how long I've been waiting for some liquid gingerbread!
  19. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

Just wanted to throw in my 2 pennies after having installed this rom. I was using UD3.0 prior to this and loved most of it but the 3g issue was rough and i was beginning to have other issues with certain apps. So far, this rom is much better in those aspects. I can tell that the 3g fix is a workaround as it takes a few seconds before data comes back but it certainly beats having to reset the phone or take it in and out of airplane mode until it comes back. Most of my apps are running fine. I am having a few issues here and there with notifications but nothing crazy. The only real negative I've noticed so far is battery life. I've been running the phone for maybe 4 hours this morning and I'm at 60% with light usage. This will bare keeping an eye on. I will update again if I notice any further issues.
  20. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing....
  21. linuxmel

linuxmel Well-Known Member

How come the Home button does not work in GB?
  22. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Downloading...the boot animation cracks me up :)
  23. Eddifire

Eddifire Active Member

+1... There's a slower version of that boot ani too!
  24. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member

everything seems to be working fine for me with the exception of voice search???
  25. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Ive ran this rom pretty much all weekend and today, so here is my impressions. The rom seems to run pretty smooth, but i have noticed a few apps that seem to hang up running in this rom. I have noticed a random reboot or two the last few days. The reboots seem to come right when im anwsering an incoming call. Today my bluetooth would just un-connect and would not reconnect without having to do a full reboot. I also had a instance today where i was at 40% battery, had to do a reboot for the bluetooth error, and when the phone booted back up it was down to 20% battery. The bluetooth would not reconnect to my earpiece, and i rebooted again. This time when the phone came back up it was back at 40% again, an bluetooth working like it should. But i exprienced the bluetooth error about 3 times today. Guess i would just go back to my cyanogen7kanged version i was running.