liquid marketplace issues

Last Updated:

1. jlong05

jlong05 Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if I did anything wrong, but after I rooted and installed LFY1.5 smoke I cannot seem to get the marketplace to work. I can start it and browse and download but it has a forceclose error at app install. This happened.s for every install.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Running Liquid 1.5. Default 2.2 Rom. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. glitch32

glitch32 Well-Known Member

I haven't really tried Liquid's ROM yet. I've been wanting to, but Lithium Mod has me hooked! Did you wipe and all the usual stuff before installing the ROM?

3. jlong05

Yes, full wipe and cleared cache. I have actually tried all 3 of the liquid skins with the same result. I had not tried another rom yet, so I will try the next to ensure it isn't my phone.

4. glitch32

That sucks. I would test it on my phone but I'm on call this week. No flashing for me :(

5. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

I flashed LFY v1.5 a few days ago and no problems with the market. You may want to try the "fix premissions" in ROM manager.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Did you try the non-skinned? As in LFY base ROM only?

7. jlong05

OK I have now tried the base Rom(no theme), Smoked, Blueberry and Tangerine and all have the same issue. Just downloaded the Slayher 1250 kernel and the phone is performing great, except I still have the FC issue in Market.

I have run the fix permissions in Rom Manager twice with reboots, and still same error at install.

Basically its working, but crashing at the end. Marketplace will download the file, and install it, but when the install is 'completed' it throws the FC error. To me it sounds like an issue with the specific app and not the complete load, but I don't know how to delete and reinstall just that app(given its the marketplace app).

I would like to try the BoldandBlack version, but it doesn't seem to be available as a downloadable rom in Rom Manager. I may try to download the zip and copy over to my droid and install from the SD card through Rom Manager(just haven't done that way yet). I think the benefit is there is a replaceable market for that one?

Any suggestions or other things you all want me to try, let me know.

Thanks again!

8. jlong05

9. glitch32