• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liquid Rom 3.2

Guess I'll nandroid up MIUI for now. 1.11.17 is not all that stable anyway--I get a lot of FC's and there are a few niggling things like a balky phone answer slider. I'm going to be starting a new contract that is going to take 100% of my time after the holiday, so I need to find something stable that will take me through to Christmas if need be. I'll need some battery life for a change, too, since I won't be working from home for a while.

Upvote 0
I just switch to 3.1 yesterday!
If you're all set up, I'd try a flashover just to see. I usually do a full wipe on version change, but I also haven't done it in a while.. Restoring apps with TiB as we speak. On a plane for 6 hours, I posted this from the airport earlier. I like the changelog and I've been running ICS for a few days not trying to get used to it. Hmm... I wonder why? :cool:

Upvote 0
I let my battery die (I think it was related to checking things that didn't matter) once I get charged up I will try a flash with no /data wipe. IIRC liquid includes the script for a wipe of /system.

It does.

I am torn. Everything works pretty well in 3.2 Only thing I noticed is some flakiness with the status bar with CM7 themes--they don't seem to stick.

But I am probably going back to MIUI. It doesn't work as well, but it is just more interesting to play with and it is easier to make it look cool. God, I feel like a phone ricer, lol.

I may try out the RZ recovery, too.

Upvote 0
I thinking i dont want to flash this...first try, recovery sad it was a bad flash, went back and checked the md5sum, no match file was only 250kb! Thankfully it did not brick my phone! Second try at downloading this @ 30 min and counting...wtf?

edit... yeah that isn't gonna work,crashed after setup when i switched to the ics launcher, going back to 3.1 now

Upvote 0
I thinking i dont want to flash this...first try, recovery sad it was a bad flash, went back and checked the md5sum, no match file was only 250kb! Thankfully it did not brick my phone! Second try at downloading this @ 30 min and counting...wtf?

edit... yeah that isn't gonna work,crashed after setup when i switched to the ics launcher, going back to 3.1 now

Doesn't look to promising.. 3.1 had some issues 3.0 didn't, and there's already like 4 patches to fix things that aren't working in 3.2.

Upvote 0
This rom def takes some work to get going. I tried it on the plane with no signal and no way to get internet but it crashed really hard. So I restored an old sense 2.0 version until I was on terra firma. Full wipe of everything, obviously, and then it was flawless. I flashed the patch w/ animations which, btw, is quite cool. I turned some of them off they were too distracting, but the rest are nice. OC to 1222 SA v.2 and things are running swimmingly.

I ran MIUI for some time on my DI and I can't do it again. The ICS launcher on 3.2 is pretty good so I'm trying to get used to it for the GN. The blue wallpaper in the fix OP really goes well with this. I love having choices for diff roms and such. I really liked Liq Sense 2.0 and I almost kept it.

OT One thing I did notice while traveling. When you're on either 3G or 4G the battery drain is incredible. I'm always on wifi and get great batt life during the day. But this last week was awful no matter which kernel, speed or rom. I'm hoping the 1850 batt on the GN will help things out some. I doubt it though unless they made some other changes. No wonder Apple hasn't gone to 4G, you'd see way more complaints.

Upvote 0
i think im gonna pass... i dont really want an ICS theme,i want to wait for real ICS(well,port or cm9-you know what i mean ;)) the ics launcher makes it hard for me to set my homescreens the way i like to,and if im gonna run somethin else i might as well stick with 3.1 if i want to stray from cm7 for a few days.

Upvote 0
i think im gonna pass... i dont really want an ICS theme,i want to wait for real ICS(well,port or cm9-you know what i mean ;)) the ics launcher makes it hard for me to set my homescreens the way i like to,and if im gonna run somethin else i might as well stick with 3.1 if i want to stray from cm7 for a few days.
As I said, great to have options. Just curious, however. Why can't you set you homescreens with ICS? You better get used to it. :eek: They do have updated rom dl in the OP with the fixes built in now. At this point it prolly doesn't matter much since GN is imminent.

Upvote 0
As I said, great to have options. Just curious, however. Why can't you set you homescreens with ICS? You better get used to it. :eek: They do have updated rom dl in the OP with the fixes built in now. At this point it prolly doesn't matter much since GN is imminent.

i played with an ics launcher on my TB,and you couldnt change the apps it had. i use adw ex or go,and like 5 spots on the launcher for camera/phone/app drawer/mms/email. then i like only sound hound,beautiful widgets weather and a battery widget on the main screen.

i have to re-adjust and put some of those on the homescreens when i run a sense rom with the sense launcher,so its not that i cant... i just dont wanna,lol...

once im on a real ICS rom ill deal with it :D

Upvote 0
i played with an ics launcher on my TB,and you couldnt change the apps it had. i use adw ex or go,and like 5 spots on the launcher for camera/phone/app drawer/mms/email. then i like only sound hound,beautiful widgets weather and a battery widget on the main screen.

i have to re-adjust and put some of those on the homescreens when i run a sense rom with the sense launcher,so its not that i cant... i just dont wanna,lol...

once im on a real ICS rom ill deal with it :D

I can put whatever I want on the launcher. I'm not sure what you mean.

Upvote 0
I can put whatever I want on the launcher. I'm not sure what you mean.

i mean,that when i played with it i couldnt change any of the apps on the launcher... i was stuck with internet,recent,and whtever the other 2 were.

when i messed with it,i had just downloaded and installed it as an app,while running cm7. on liquid 3.2 it likely is more integrated into the rom and changeable. just forget that i mentioned it ;) :p

Upvote 0
Haha, I'll try but... I had an issue with it too not being able to change the apps on the launcher, so I went back to ADW ex. (now I assume we're talking about the dock at the bottom right.. with like 4 or 5 apps?) Anyway, I went back to it not believing that you couldn't change the apps. No matter what I did they wouldn't change until... I deleted them from the launcher. Then I had a blank one and dropped an app on it. Voila!

I'm not totally thrilled with the look but I'm getting used to it. It's a little different way of doing things for now. I use Folder Organizer and Circle Launcher to slim down my desktop too along with FW for weather and time. I think the market version works the same way if you're on CM7.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I also use folder organizer and circle launcher... So much cleaner with them. I'm debating on flashing 3.2 or going back to SHIFTAO5P now that the audio has been fixed. Didn't flash yesterday like planned due to not feeling well and not wanting to tinker with phone.

is droidtheory's site back up? i havent seen anything form him in over a month. just old posts and no working links at all. last ROM i saw was blacksource it was killer.

any idea? or do u just have the .zip file from a long time ago?

Upvote 0
I've not found a slicker or faster aosp rom than Liquid but that is the beauty of having all these roms and options. If you do decide to go the 3.2 route, then flash the animation patch too. Made me dizzy until I turned some of them off but it's kinda fun. Have you used the ICS launcher with any other rom? That's fun too sort of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones