• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of Apps that may cause Battery Drain

mush10

Mar 3, 2011
I realize there are some threads in different forums that may be similar to this. As we work our way through using the Thunderbolt and until we can start playing with various ROM's I was hoping we could collect apps that seem to use an unusual amount of battery.

I believe it is important everyone finds their personal balance of drain vs function vs usability on their own device. The beauty is we have the choice of what apps to install and use. I figure it would be helpful if these apps could be listed in one place. I saw "willdogs" thread on Tango and I had been thinking of making one on another app I will mention below. If there as a thread out there like this or this is a waste of time, feel free to delete. Keep in mind, this is not an endorsement for or against these apps, just ones to keep an eye on and decide if they are for you.

The first app I noticed was ESPN Scorecenter. When I initially had the widget running is was using 30-40% of my battery. I uninstalled the widget and found the app was still causing battery drain in the background. I stopped the app once and about an hour later it was at it again. Maybe some others have had better luck, but I decided this one was not for me.

Hopefully these little things can make the difference. My battery life has been fairly decent thus far and I expect it to get better as we learn more.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones