• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of Apps

deepsouth06

Oct 13, 2009
To all the hero users. We should put a list of what apps are needed when the phone is turned on and a list of apps that are ok to kill so that then phone can be functional. For example every time I have restarted my phone i see that sprint nav is there as well as the IM app. Do i really need these apps, is it ok to kill them without loosing the basic function of calling and receiving calls and texts.

any help would do to all of us newbes.

To all the hero users. We should put a list of what apps are needed when the phone is turned on and a list of apps that are ok to kill so that then phone can be functional. For example every time I have restarted my phone i see that sprint nav is there as well as the IM app. Do i really need these apps, is it ok to kill them without loosing the basic function of calling and receiving calls and texts.

any help would do to all of us newbes.

One of the best things to do is kill an app and see what happens with your particular platform and settings ...

Then make some calls , send some txt msgs to others and to yourself ... see if all is fine ???

After you have don that and all seems ok ... then use something like the Task Killer to set a list of apps to kill ...
after a restart .. just run that app and you can quickly kill all the apps in your previous selections ... one click and the apps can keep and Icon on the Notification bar for quick/easy access

Upvote 0
The only things I have on my ignore list is HTC Sense, Handcent sms and Mail. The phone automatically starts HtcIQAgent and Touch Input whenever I close everything else, so I imagine it must need those.
Ok, with only those loaded I have 65MB Available Memory, is this normal or is it low??

Also, if I make a new Scene and reboot, am I only loading the widgets and apps in that particular Scene?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones