1. ErisLove

ErisLove Well-Known Member

Im new to this still and have a couple,

Apps2SD
    Wireless Tether
    Rom Manager, loving the quick boot screen from there
    Titanium Backup

so what other cool ones are there

Ive searched the marketplace, found some here and there, but figured I could get the best suggestions by far from ppl on this forum

anyways, thanks:)

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Overclock widget!
    Linpack.
    Wireless tether.
    Root Explorer.

Those are pretty much all I got. And I love'm.
  3. TheAtheistReverend

D'oh!
    Double-Post. Sorry.
    ErisLove likes this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Here's a copy of what's posted in the Droid X root forum (http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid-x/131944-favorite-root-applications.html). Check that thread for an up-to-date list and QR codes.

I'm sure each all-things-root-xxxxx forums have a similar list (and there have been a few fits and starts here on the Eris threads, but nothing has been stickied):

Titanium Backup - Backs up everything - can't live with out it. It's available for free on the market. To unlock all features, donate $3.99 within the app. (Requires Busybox - can install from within app)

Root Explorer - Makes exploring files on your phone easy. It's available for UK
  5. ErisLove

og yeah i got setcpu, makes my phone run so much faster

thanks alien and atheist! so much help
  6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Nice find on the list, SA.

I've been living by Root Explorer since rooted. SetCPU seems to be going by the wayside as I discover ways to speed up the device and especially since xtrROM has become my default.

Wondering how many Eris users do wireless tethering.
  7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Thanks, Frisco!

I haven't actually used Root Explorer (yet) since I've got Astro and can always drop into the Android Terminal Emulator or use "adb shell". But, I've heard a lot of folks that swear by it.

Yeah, I also think a rooted Eris (depending on the ROM, of course) is pretty snappy already w/o overclocking. I ran without enabling o/c for a couple of weeks and noticed a small improvement (virtually no difference in Linpack scores running at 710MHz). I'm about to flash Zanfur's o/c patch and see what that looks like w/new setCPU. Still waiting for Ivan to finish beta-testing 1.1 so I can see how quick that ROM is.

I've only tested wireless tethering shortly after I rooted. Wi-fi signals are becoming ubiquitous nowadays and I haven't traveled anywhere where it might necessitate using wi-fi tethering.

Cheers!
  8. ErisLove

everything seems to be working awesome the cache clearing, i posted screenshots with drocap
    thansk so much alien, uve been a big help, im obsessed with my phone lol
    i keep switching b/t evil eris and white widow

i just love the blue effects and what not for evil eris, but they phone keypad is money for ww
  9. TheAtheistReverend

Overclock widget!
    Linpack.
    Wireless tether.
    Root Explorer.

Those are pretty much all I got. And I love'm.
  10. duccicucci

duccicucci Member

Must Have:

Task Killer
    Set CPU
    Quick Boot
    Spare Parts
    ES File Explorer
    Battery Status Pro

All amazing apps
  11. ErisLove

hmm can u explain spare parts to me
  12. c00gz

c00gz Active Member

I use wireless tethering all the time when traveling. Oakland has free internet, but most other airports I travel to/through (SFO, Houston, Dulles) don't, so I just turn on tether and I'm good to go! My wife also uses it on road trips (she gets on while I'm driving) if she needs to do work or whatever.

So it's great while traveling, but other than that I hardly ever use it.
  13. ErisLove

any more guys????? :)
  14. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

linpack can be used non-root
  15. jps

jps Well-Known Member

16. yeahright

yeahright Well-Known Member

I just used it with my family on our long drive to Buffalo NY from Charlotte NC. Worked great had it plugged into the outlet converter used it for Navigation and Wireless tether the whole time. (Had to put the back to the AC vent or else it over heated lol) but both laptops kept connectivity as long as there was a signal to my phone its a life savor.
  17. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

Heres what i got:

SetCPU
    Wireless Tether
    Clock work Rom Manager
    Dropcap(sp)
    Terminal Emulator
    MetaMorph
    TypeFresh

All very use full in my eyes.