List of current EVO ROMs

Last Updated:

1. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

Found this thread over on the EVO XDA Forums. He lists all the known ROMs for the EVO. (atleast that he knows of.) Check out the thread here. Or Heres a quote from him;

Quoted from davebu @ xda-dev forums.

djfred, M1LL3RT1M3, mrk and 3 others like this.
  2. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Question about the senseless rom: this rom is Senseless, does this mean it's also free of the bug preventing Wiimote from connecting to the wii controller?

Is this a pure android custom Rom? or is this just a modified version of the stock rom?

Forgive me, I'm not a programmer, and am new to android.
  3. NovaFox238

To be honest, you would have better luck posting questions like that over at the original post over on the XDA forums. I havent tried anything other than the root-stock 2.1 (v.6) ROM.
  4. LiquidLife

I did, but thought I'd post it here too.
  5. LiquidLife

!!!! Just tried out the senseless custom rom, it's not pure android 2.1, but I should have known better... You wouldn't have to remove HTC crap if it was android 2.1 by itself.

Anyway, still has the bug, can't use the wiimote...
  6. LiquidLife

I'm going to try out the latest froyo with bluetooth fixed, see if that works, I'll get back to you guys...
  7. LiquidLife

*****Heads Up*****
    If you download - Froyo ROM by Avalaunchmods, toast's with some fixes (Rom-DEVONLY) Double Kang Avalaunch - xda-developers

You will be lead to the 4shared website in order to download it... The download link they give is a bad link which loops back to the download page, you need to download "4Shared Desktop" and use that utility in order to download it, it's a pain in the ass.

Looks like if you wait 30 seconds after the countdown, that may work also.
  8. LiquidLife

Wiimote still doesn't work, but froyo is to the point where I'm going to keep it as my primary day to day rom. It's fast as hell for those of you who don't know.

The latest froyo rom still shows you as roaming, there is an adp command that fixes that though ,by pushing some code into your evo...
    adseguy likes this.
  9. NovaFox238

Im gona wait on the Froyo ROM, wait for most of the bugs to be smashed before trying. ^_^
  10. LiquidLife

I haven't ran into any that would turn me off. Try it out, see if you like it. Not for those who are weary of reading and command line based config.

It's just so damn fast, I went to on my froyo evo, and also on my wifes stock evo and did a side-by-side comparison, and mine loaded 5 times faster if not more. It's crazy. Flash 10.1 works great to.

Super clean, super efficient, and super fast. An example would be Pandora; changing to the next song much more quickly with the artist picture poping up immediatly.

Or the "Nexus Revamped" live wallpaper tuned to spawn tons of particles moving at fast speeds with no slow down.

Last but not least, menus and opening programs are very responsive compared to the stock rom, or any other rom with android 2.1
  11. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

Yeah, but doesn't the current Froyo ROM disable 4G and the camera and a slew of other important elements of the phone?
  12. LiquidLife

Camera still is unavailable, and 4G as well, I wouldn't say slew though.
    As I said, this kind of stuff isn't for everybody.
  13. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for a fully functional Froyo rom to leak :)
  14. suprmallet

The camera, 4G, MMS, and most importantly, wifi tethering. Unless the wifi tethering app (the market app, not the built-in Froyo function) now works, that makes the current Froyo ROM pretty useless to me at the moment.
  15. Spriter

Spriter Well-Known Member

Quick Question: After you root via the toast method, what are you left with? Is that stock 2.1 w/ sense with root? If so, why does flipz have that if it's the same thing?
  16. LiquidLife

MMS works just fine for me. When's the last time you checked for updates? :confused:

Don't know about wifi though, try searching the developer forums... that's where I go, straight from the source.
    HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G - xda-developers
  17. LiquidLife

I believe the custom rom is to ensure that the phone STAYS rooted. I'm fairly new to this so I can't confirm that, xda for sure.
  18. LiquidLife

[​IMG] (Rom-DEVONLY) Double Kang Avalaunch
    Full edit. new kernel+ramdisk giving options now. BT works. a2dp issue will be fixed tom. ALL sensors work!. 4G works but i need to install the settings with 4G option. camera is getting there. i know why its not working now.

FLASH THIS AFTER YOU DL AND FLASH THE ROM. it has alottt of fixes.

Flash this after you load rom. works with any froyo rom

good luck.

edit- i know bluetooth connects but a2dp does not work. please tell me about voice profile and others thanks!

Froyo test 2-toasts current release.
    Froyo test 3-Changed around xmls for mag sensors(accident) Fixed Bluetooth HW issue so now it starts and pairs. Fixed wifi reconnect issue.
    Froyo test 4-Fixed all sensors. lights stay on for right now. Wifi works, Gps works, Bt works, no a2dp. 4G now works but no app to use.

To come-Ramdisk edits to fix a2dp. permissions edit to allow camera and BT to write to system. Sensor fixes. fix for boot loop with some people.

keep in mind this is 100% toasts with some small fixes.
    Avalaunch Electronics

Have a Question or problems with a rom? GTALK

Did i help solve your problems? If i did then buy my time back [​IMG]
  19. LiquidLife

they are making quick progress on froyo, soon the wiimote will be working, mentioned above "BT works. a2dp issue will be fixed tom."
  20. suprmallet

That's looking pretty good. Maybe I will flash to Froyo.
  21. lewi3069

lewi3069 Well-Known Member

Once the cameras work I will flash...
  22. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

23. hamlet

hamlet New Member

Can someone point me in the right direction? ive been trying out different roms but they all seem to have some issues. What rom, in your opinion, is the best rom to use.

Personally id like a rom that all the important stuff works, like the camera, wireless tether, 4g, good for battery life and performance etc. along with having a cpu adjuster, and font changer.
  24. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

I've been running Baked Snack 1.9. Everything works; camera 4g, etc, and has great battery life. Pretty much makes your phone the way HTC should have made it in the first place.
  25. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Myn's 2.2 is smooth as can be and everything works. Although I do need to check out baked snacks...just because...