List of Emulators

1. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

i think we should have a thread of a list of emulators available on the market. (and off with links) and include what phones they work on.
    can the community please help me make a list of these?
    i will try to keep up with the emulators people post but people may need to search the posts for some that i miss.

this guide should help people setup the PSX emulator if they have issues:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7335813#post7335813

ok so far we have:
    MARKET:
    Gameboid (GBA)
    SNesoid (SNES)
    Nesoid (NES)
    Genssoid (Sega Genesis)
    Gearoid (Gamegear)
    uae4droid (Amiga emulator)
    CPS2HD or CPS2 (capcom play system 2 arcade)
    Frodo (commodore 64)
    cAndy Apple (apple //e)
    Android Acrade (MAME)
    Jrioni Arcade (as of 6/5/2010 it supports 1943,Circus Charlie, and Moon Patrol)
    Tiger mame
    PSX4DROID (Playstation 1)

NON Market:
    Scumm
    ScummVM port in progress - 2 June 2010 - Android Games Development
    Dosbox
    Android DosBox
    Vice
    Vice 2.2 (C64 emu) - 8 June 2010 - Android Games Development

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

If you search in the Market, you will find:
    SNES
    NES
    GBA
    Sega Genesis
  3. jasperwill

great start, but are these are just the consoles that are being emulated.
    what are the names of the EMU apps and which ones are the best for what devices?
    Jedii likes this.
  4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Gameboid (GBA)
    SNesoid (SNES)
    Nesoid (NES)
    Genssoid (Sega Genesis)
    Gearoid (Gamegear)

I have all of these. Paid versions because you are allowed to save/load.

I also HIGHLY recommend you download ROMbuddy. Its $0.99. Best ROM downloads out there.
    jasperwill likes this.
  5. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

There are several emulators for arcade games as well. They aren't as polished as the console emulators though.
  6. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

anyone else having issues with Nesoid multitouch support DPad+A/B button at the same time
  7. jojitsu

jojitsu Well-Known Member

CPS2HD is unbelievably good when used with wiimote and Street Fighter Alpha 2 ROM, 100% smooth with the best graphics!!.. Took me a while to figure out how to use it though..
  8. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Two button SF2? :(
  9. jojitsu

jojitsu Well-Known Member

I know, not ideal, but you can still have a great game with a kick and a punch (and you can map the +,- A, & home key if you want)...

It's the best gaming I have done so far on an android (N1), or any phone for that matter...
  10. daymo

daymo Member

Don't forget about the Amiga emulator ...uae4droid....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  11. sofa king

sofa king Member

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but here it goes. Are there emulators that you can use on your pc to emulate an android phone? So that maybe you can load and play some of the android games that do not have a pc version like air control and blow up?
  12. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member

I do, I tried to play Megaman 3 and if I walk left with the D-pad, then tap jump twice, I start to move right and shoot instead for as long as I hold the jump button. It's kind of ridiculous.

Looks like playing action games with the Virtual D-Pad/Buttons is a no go. Will be waiting for a decent Bluetooth controller solution on my Incredible.
  13. Forge94

Forge94 Well-Known Member

As for multitouch, I have no problems. Make sure you set the button layout to "Top-bottom" or bottom- top. I prefer top- bottom because then your fingers don't cover the game on the left side.
  14. sodaboy581

It's easy to cause the multitouch problem... just hold a button while you change directions then keep tapping the button.

I'll upload a video of it later.
  15. jasperwill

there is one for developers, im not sure where to get it or anything just know it exists sorry.
  16. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

17. sofa king

sofa king Member

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)
  18. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

19. sodaboy581

Finally got around to recording a video on the Incredible! YouTube - NESoid terrible touch controls

You can make it mix up other buttons, but that's a good example of how bad the touch controls are.
  20. jasperwill

What game is that. (i can't tell on the video). Obviously Mario but which one. id like to duplicate your problem on my DINC
    Astridax93 likes this.
  21. sodaboy581

Megaman 3.
  22. jasperwill

LOL, i see that now. I guess mario cant shoot pellets from his ARM in a straight line huh?
    Ok thanks.
  23. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there is no MAME for droid yet. Or maybe this is and I haven't seen it yet?
  24. jasperwill

Personally wasn't able to recreate what u were getting in that video. Do u have the newest update?
    Maybe im just doing it wrong.
  25. sodaboy581

I wasn't at the latest version of NESoid in the video, was at the version just before the latest. I have now updated to the latest version and it seems to be a bit better with touch on the Incredible now, but still is a little wonky.

Here's a couple of things you can recreate on the new one with Megaman 3 using full touch screen controls... (I had pad, A & B at the bottom, select and start @ the top)

Scenario one:

1. Walk to the left (hold left) while tapping jump with the A button.
    2. While holding A after a jump, press right on the D-pad. Your initial input of right will cause Megaman to fire his Blaster (normally done with the B button, but you didn't touch B at all.)

Scenario two:

1. Walk to the left (hold left) while tapping the Blaster with the B button.
    2. Keep holding B, then attempt to walk to the right, by pressing right on the D-pad. Either Megaman will not move to the right, he'll BARELY move to the right, or he'll walk. But continue to hold down B while releasing your finger from right and then attempt to walk again, you'll get mixed results.