List of ROM's for the Cliq

1. coolbrz731

coolbrz731 Member

I don't know if this has been discussed in other forums, but I've only been able to find two custom ROM's for the cliq. TheDudes Cliqcake and Demoshadow's one. I've been hearing about others, but haven't been able to find them. :confused: Is there a way we can get a list of ROM's available and what they do. People can even announce their own ROM's. Seems like this could be a good resource for Cliq owners. :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. DreamPCs

DreamPCs Member

I don't know of any as of yet, I'm still researching that.

But, especially since you started, you should probably post the ones you know about, at least to get the thread started.
  3. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

I've used TheDude's ROM for a while and it's nice, but boring. Trying out the Handler ROM now, 1.3 is stable, but his 1.4 release includes Flash Lite, FM radio and some other goodies, can't wait till that's finished.
    You can get his ROMS here: HandlerRoms
  4. thtguy

thtguy New Member

I'm currently usong handler's 1.4 and am very pleased with it but was curious how did the other roms work for you?
  5. jnthnmchl

jnthnmchl New Member

how do install the handler root
  6. stars75238

stars75238 Member

Does anyone know how to remove apps on the Cliq? Do I need to get root access after installing the 1.5 ROM?
  7. Gamecock9701

Gamecock9701 Member

pre-installed apps? yes
  8. Pcpro745

Pcpro745 Member

You get an error when rooted and trying to remove preinstalled apps, i tried to remove AmazonMP3 and it had i think permission denied error
  9. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

you have to do it through terminal emulator....you guy should be on ModMyMoto.com...you will find answers to pretty much any questions you have there, and people are very helpful and prompt.......sit tight and ill get you the thread link for removing stock apps
  10. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

11. You need to mount mtdblock3 as read/write. You can do that through SUFBS by pressing the "s" button towards the top of the screen or typing this in Terminal Emulator:
    Currently running kb7sqi's 1.4.8.1 ROM.