Root List of ROMs? Or... does this exist...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Teibidh, May 3, 2010.

1. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    So, I've been reading all the posts on how to root and as a Linux power-user I'm good with all that. I've seen reference to a couple of ROMs, but no comprehensive list of them or what they do. Is there such a repository or list somewhere that would allow me to look through a list of popular ROMs and choose one?

Another question, that might pre-empt the 1st... I like the stock 2.1 DROID, the only things I really want to be able to do are to overclock and remove a couple of the stock applications that I have no desire to look at. My reading indicates that I might not even need a custom ROM to do this, is this accurate?

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Creating a list of ROMs is almost pointless, as they are pretty much the flavor of the day. They come and go like you wouldn't believe.

I recommend you just go with Pete's new ROM. Three easy steps. 1 - Install SPRecovery. 2 - Make a nandroid backup of your current config. 3 - Install Pete's ROM. 4 - Install an over-clocked kernel (they're listed in Pete's thread).

You'll want to buy SetCPU when you over-clock. And there's plenty of info regarding nandroid backups ... you sound more than smart enough to handle that part.

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Another thread discussed this topic.
    There are pros and cons - if a list is made, it should reflect mods so a comparison can be made, but people steal.

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    VIP Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Speaking of Blackdroid...I wonder what he's up to now? :D

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    I try to stay out of it, but stealing like that is not cool.