List of safe-to-remove bloat?

1. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Given the staggering amount of bullcrap Verizon has put on this phone, we need to determine what exactly is safe to remove (if we get a custom ROM though, the point is moot). I'd love to start a list in this forum for reference, but I don't wanna brick my new best friend. Does anyone have experience removing bloat with minimal side effects on this phone?

Advertisement
    :
    jmar likes this.
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I will start the list...I have removed bloat from 3 phones.

All VZW apps including Backup Assistant.

Pre-installed games.

I wouldn't touch anything else...only because I don't know which Samsung apps are tied to Android's framework; haven't dug that deep yet.

jmar
  3. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

For now on my wifes phone, I just put all the crapware in a separate folder.
  4. icebear8

icebear8 Active Member

*Removed list* i removed and uninstalled with titanium backup (most of these apps were on my xperia play and i never had a problem)

weather clock
    allshare
    analog duel clock
    analog clock
    blockbuster
    books
    browser (make sure to download a replacement in market)
    car cradle
    city id
    desk cradle
    digital clock
    email
    guided tours
    IM
    lets golf
    media hub
    music player (download one in market)
    NFL mobile
    NFS shift
    quick office
    google talk
    slack radio
    vcast (everything that is Vcast i deleted)
    voice mail (do not delete if you have visual voice mail)
    My verizon mobile
    setup wizard 1.0
    setup wizard 1.3
    touchwiz (make sure you have another launcher or you will bootloop ADW or launcher pro are pretty good but make sure those are installed and set up before u delete touchwiz)
    license settings
    swype keyboard

*the i dont know list*
    i want to delete this stuff can someone check and see if these can be deleted?
    my verizon profile

let me know if u can remove those safely
    ExpHP and Scur like this.
  5. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Thing is, I like having the My Verizon app. The data tracking widget is awesome.

Can you grab the APK names for those? If so then I'll edit the first post with the list.
  6. icebear8

icebear8 Active Member

apk names? those are the names? (i removed the myverizon app because i would like to have a stock android GB as close i can get it) those are the names it listed in TB when i uninstalled them so far phone has had no Force closes or random reboots and it starts up faster and im gonna say better battery life but im gonna go pick up that extended battery later today
  7. pondguy

pondguy Member

I rooted, installed Titanium backup, and removed some of the bloatware.

titanium said it was removed, but is is still there! Never got uninstalled??