• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help List of things that need dev work

If I remember correctly the only thing that the system UI tuner had that was really of any value was the ability to customize the quick settings panel which ZTE has already implemented in a different way. To answer your question though, I highly doubt that the system UI tuner will be accessible in any way.

How do you rearrange them?

Edit: I figured it out. Only other issue I have with stock is I get the visual glitch sometimes.

Upvote 0
I've been noticing more and more that sometimes I will get a call from a person that is programmed in my contacts and only the number will show up. This is kind of annoying because I'll end up ignoring calls because I don't recognize the number when the number is actually programmed in my contacts list. Also, my fingerprint scanner quit working a few days ago and I really don't feel like erasing my data so now I'm not using any security since I hate having to enter a password every time I unlock my phone.

Edit: The fingerprint scanner itself still works because if I go into the security settings it will recognize my fingerprint. The problem is that it doesn't recognize it when I try to unlock the phone.
Same here plus, plus, plus.
Fingerprint scanner, Caller ID, trusted places, smart lock screen, Sleep, and Calls very buggy, as is the interaction between them. Many calls don't even come through,.. you won't even know with most people unless it's a demanding or rude type.
Pull-down and / or black screens, on their own cover call in progress, and delay or sometimes block altogether using dialpad... sometimes initially, other times after call becomes prolonged. Ditto for muted voice on either end.
Settings for caller ID n trusted places hang or crash.
And forget fingerprint starting Dialer or Camera.
I've already reset e911, will try same with caller ID.
I don't recommend this phone for work, important use.
Forget using with any cs/helpldesk... I use another one even when calling Metro.

Upvote 0
And another fingerprint app, lockscreen n notification appz...
Issues with third party counterparts as well.
It's the firmware... Zte excessively cobbles together modules and code snippets from different places in lieu of creating their own.
You mean like every other hardware vendor, and even Android itself? [emoji14]

Upvote 0
Crap... I'm lucky if my phone even rings. I'd say 2/5 calls go right to voicemail, even with all 5 bars lit up.

But yeah I noticed sometimes when Mrs. Spec calls it comes up as the number itself. Like it shows +1 before the number, and her stored contact # is +(number here). There are a lot of stupid little things that need attention with this phone.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
The only vendor/manu that doesn't just cobble shit together is Apple... their phones have such inferior hardware yet their phones wipe the floors with anything on the side of Android. Quite sad really, if Samsung or ZTE actually put effort towards their phones, then a cheap phone could outperform the iPhone. But nope.

Software optimization and driver optimization is no joke. That's why their phones can get by with 1GB or 2GB of RAM and yet out perform most if not all of the Android phones trying to compete with them.

Upvote 0
The only vendor/manu that doesn't just cobble shit together is Apple... their phones have such inferior hardware yet their phones wipe the floors with anything on the side of Android. Quite sad really, if Samsung or ZTE actually put effort towards their phones, then a cheap phone could outperform the iPhone. But nope.

Software optimization and driver optimization is no joke. That's why their phones can get by with 1GB or 2GB of RAM and yet out perform most if not all of the Android phones trying to compete with them.

uh-huh.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2016/08/23/iphone-6-touch-disease-faulty-screen/#2cdf05a81885

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/29/s...disease-may-soon-have-a-class-action-lawsuit/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/26/technology/apple-software-vulnerability-ios-patch.html?_r=0

Spending QUADRUPLE (or more) does not guarantee anything more than one has more money than sense. Cheers!

Upvote 0
I'm thinking some of the issues we've been experiencing not only deal with Sleep/Doze, but also with gyroscope... to wit- if phone faces down(or sensors believe it is), it triggers Do Not Disturb.

My Alarms often don't start, or only on vibrate, or only at minimum volume, or only the graphics - bereft of sound or vibration.

I've become disillusioned with CM, but this is one phone that surely could use it.

Upvote 0
All of you try going into recovery (power vol+ ) or reboot vol+ wipe cache n reboot ... For the finger print et has to be freaking exact... Do center then corner now if your phone settings/security/phone encrypted you are gonna need to do a data reset just back up everything to Google with a sync n reset google will reinstall all data of your phne (apps,passw,contacs,,etc...l

Upvote 0
Suffering a fingerprint issue myself, but my fault. I gashed my index finger opening a stubborn lid on a can of corned beef. Smelled like dog food when I finally got it open...can't believe people eat that stuff!

You mean corned beef hash? If not for it's very unhealthy amount of cholesterol and sodium it'd be a staple. Yeah of course it smells like $hit when opened, lol... Try it browned on a slab of toast with an egg :D

Upvote 0
fVRg5RT.jpg

He gave me can as payment for opening a can for him. He also gave me several cans of tuna
NJKNvdh.jpg

Fortunately, it smells like just good ole tuna. Told my wife when I get so old that I hand out canned food as payment for helping me out, just off me right then and there. ;)

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
Suffering a fingerprint issue myself, but my fault. I gashed my index finger opening a stubborn lid on a can of corned beef. Smelled like dog food when I finally got it open...can't believe people eat that stuff!

LOL. Then why do you eat it? I do know it smells bad though but aren't all canned foods? IF you are experiencing trouble coz you cut your finger you can just always delete that fingerprint profile and make another right?

Upvote 0
I've been noticing more and more that sometimes I will get a call from a person that is programmed in my contacts and only the number will show up. This is kind of annoying because I'll end up ignoring calls because I don't recognize the number when the number is actually programmed in my contacts list. Also, my fingerprint scanner quit working a few days ago and I really don't feel like erasing my data so now I'm not using any security since I hate having to enter a password every time I unlock my phone.

Edit: The fingerprint scanner itself still works because if I go into the security settings it will recognize my fingerprint. The problem is that it doesn't recognize it when I try to unlock the phone.
Ditto everything.
I think it could be a memory full-usage issue
because if I wait awhile / switch in and out of screen or app / quickly sleep screen off - on / dialing pad disappears - won't come on or last enough time / issues with browser too many tabs open / etc.

Upvote 0

This may help, just now trying it myself so until I get a call I can't verify it. I have the same issue with the caller ID. Youtube video - ZTE ZMAX PRO Contact Fix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones