[LIST] What is safe to remove.

Last Updated:

1. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

I am not taking credit for this at all. BUT, I feel this needs to be posted here for the people looking around on what they can and cannot delete off their phone once Root has been gained.

I personally use Titanium Backup to remove things...

Post from taypotts on another site:

Advertisement
    mnkyvndor, PolishPauL and chrlswltrs like this.
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

j/w whats the apk for need for speed
  3. element166

element166 Member

I'm guessing it's Street.apk
    Scratch that. I really don't know. I would also like to know what the NFS apk is.
    Okay, Scratch all that above. I found the NFS.apk, It's under Preinstall but i've deleted it but the icon is still there. I'm looking for the icon now.
    Okay. This is the final one, Lmao. It's under Data/App/NFSShift.APK. I deleted that AND the NFS Preinstall file and it's all gone.
  4. android2dev

android2dev Active Member

A little help...I believe I successfully rooted. Now going through the process of first backing up then removing bloat via ADB Shell. One oddity, I SU get the appropriate shell but when I execute "rm name.apk" I get a "read only files ystem permission error". Is there something I am missing?
  5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

"mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system" to mount system as R/W
    And to put it back "mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system":D
    android2dev likes this.
  6. android2dev

android2dev Active Member

Thank you for that. Perhaps this should be added to the steps above.