List your biggest complaints about ThunderboltGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-07 22:48:01
  1. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!!! :D
    I think i might fall in luv with this guy!!! ;)

Advertisement
  2. swaldrop

swaldrop Well-Known Member

Must be the skinny jeans cutting the circulation off, not allowing the proper blood flow to your brain. Happens all the time with kids these days.
    McLabia likes this.
  3. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Battery life. One thing that is an annoyance for ME that probably wouldn't effect the majority of you is in the Contacts, the NOTES field is only a 1 line scroll. Am self-employed and use the notes field to store information unique to that client about their network setup, IP Addresses, user passwords, software installation info, etc. (I should mention that I'm an IT Engineer for a lot of clients). AFTER you get it in there however, it WILL display it all on the screen, however, entering it sux!

I like the way the Incredible did it MUCH better.

Like I said, won't effect most people. Greatly effects me, but not enough to ditch the phone! I LOVE my Thunderbolt!
  4. gsxrjohnny

gsxrjohnny Active Member

SeekerOfTheWay and BB2DROID like this.
  5. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Did I miss something??
    McLabia likes this.
  6. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Well my only complaint so far is a glitch I notice with headphones with built in mics. When you plug it in it disables the mic. And when your phone does go on 4G the battery life turns atrocious.
    With that said this phone is very impressive. It is extremely fast. Games play way better on it than it did the incredible and the sound quality on calls are amazing. The 4G although it eats on battery power like a homeless person having a steak dinner, is incredibly fast! This is the smoothest Android phone I have ever touched, even with the usually laggy sense. I had the iPhone 4 for a couple days before I took it back to get this and the Thunderbolt is faster than that even without Dual core. So if you don't mind bad battery life and can afford an extended battery then I say go for it. Unless you're not really into large phones then don't.
  7. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

I Wish the NFL mobile app would work on here.That is the only I am complainging about so far ha.Darn my NFL habit!!
  8. mrman8

mrman8 Member

My only complaint is that the speaker is under the kickstand.
  9. WormDoes

Battery life while sleeping overnight. I started a thread and it looks like I'm in the minority with this issue. I will test it again tonight and if it's still an issue I will bring it into VZW
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

I guess my only complaint is there are no 64gig micro sd cards or larger and no 4g in my area.
  11. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

The /s at the end would tend to indicate that the above was sarcastic. Don't worry...I missed it too the first read through.

My biggest complaint about it is that Verizon told me it would be here in two days, and what they meant was two business days. I even said, "so it will be delivered with the Saturday delivery option?", and the woman confirmed that was true.

Not really about the bolt, I know, but given that I do not own physically have one, it is the closest I can get.

-Nkk
  12. lking

lking Member

I noticed the mic issue with the headphones plugged in. My workaround is to switch to speakerphone when in my car dock. Custom Car Home has a setting for that, not sure about the stock car dock software, though. My real workaround will (I hope) be use of a bluetooth A2DP receiver. It still hasn't arrived so I don't know how well it will work.

I also noticed the kick stand / charging problem. I guess I'll put the phone in portrait mode when I use it as an alarm. This seems like a real oversight to me.

But both of these were mentioned -- I wanted to follow on with the workarounds.

The only other minor complaint is it's hard to get out of the car dock. I'm afraid it'll go flying and break the screen. I'm sure I'll get the knack over time, though.

All in all I love this phone, so far.
  13. Ha if you think it is a workout you need to hit the gym. And get an iphone that way it can fit in your skinny jeans. But since you seem like such an apple fanboy why are you on an android forum? smh
  14. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

I think it was meant to be a joke.
  15. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Gotta be the weak speaker IMO. My OG Droid speaker was at least twice as loud, probably more like 3x. :(
    McLabia and lamoglinsgal like this.
  16. VJKotts

VJKotts Well-Known Member

17. Thunderbionic

Thunderbionic Member

Yep, I was being sarcastic.:D

More like a parody of all the complaints I've been seeing on this forum as well as others.

If someone thinks it's too big or heavy, don't even comment here, it's not for you. Go get the nexus s, Incredible or galaxy s phones. There's something for everyone. That's whats good about android.

Battery life is as expected. It's a trade off. If you want to have fast data speeds, you will have to manage your battery life intelligently. I've been able to get a day's worth of battery life on all of my Android phones in the past few years by managing it well.

I can even argue that the battery life is better than the iphone. Because you have the option of replacing the battery. If you are out on the road with your iphone without the charger and wall outlet, you are out of luck.

Who cares about dual core. Dual core trend won't last long. Might as well get this now and get a quad core phone next year and skip over the whole dual core thing.
    alamoe and WormDoes like this.
  18. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Well-Known Member

Another fish bit the hook.
    crimton and McLabia like this.
  19. WormDoes

I clearly haven't spent enough time to realize /s at the end of a post means sarcasim/sarcastic. Either way, nice post, now that I get it :eek:
  20. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

I have the same complaint as I did with the INC, location problems and GPS in Extended networks. My history for my Latitude is pretty funny. I have traveled 38k miles. I work in town. My location keeps going back and forth to another town in Iowa. Otherwise I like the phone, and i love the big screen!!!:)
  21. jsk0703

jsk0703 Member

I had an issue Friday night. Woke up Saturday with the battery at 30%. I had 1 missed phone call and 2 text messages. Other than that, no phone use.

Last night I gave it a bump charge before bed. That was nearly 17 hrs ago and I haven't had to charge it yet today. I'm sitting around 30% now. Going to let it run down and do another bump charge tonight.
  22. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

23. THors_Hammer

THors_Hammer Member

I just used my early upgrade to get the TB and I had to sign up for 2 more years. I spoke to Verizon rep and that's the only way I could get the TB - hope this helps.
  24. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

Ahh, i think i just fixed the problem. Found the service screen where you can pick what service (3g or 4g) you want. Picked CDMA (auto PRL) and it works...fingers are crossed. GPS locks on and location is right. Whoo hoo!!!!:D
  25. Binglut9

Binglut9 Well-Known Member

Thehorrible design of this phone I have those light leaks on the botom why they would make that space on the bottom and not just extend the screen is beyond m.... oh yeah and battery