Listen app still won't work

Last Updated:

1. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After the latest update, I was hoping Listen would start working again. It keeps saying I need to add a new account in system preferences. I have my gmail account added, but it stopped working after the first 2.2 update. Any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. gerryk

gerryk Well-Known Member

How is it not working? Works fine for me... currently FRF91, but all other iterations of 2.2 also.

3. chistery

I get the error:

"Listen requires a gmail account to sync with reader.google.com. Please add a new account in system preferences"

If I go to reader.google.com I can see all my subscriptions with my gmail account.

4. malzfreund

malzfreund Member

Do you have an @googlemail.com address? Those have caused syncing issues for some, particularly with Picasa web albums. I wouldn't rule out that something similar is going on with Listen.

If you have a googlemail.com address, try switching over to @gmail.com. You can do it in Gmail's settings page

5. chistery

No, I've had a gmail.com address right from the beginning.

6. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

I had this happen when I tried to use it under FRF50. I was just messing with it since I use Doggcatcher, so I didn't bother to look into it. Tried is again after FRF91 update and it is working now. Not sure what causes it.