Listen to Podcast in Bluetooth mono Headset

Last Updated:

1. GlassWalkerTheurge

GlassWalkerTheurge Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently using Pocket Player on Windows Mobile. I use the option in the program "use BT Headset", allowing me to listen to podcasts on and such via my mono headset. Am I out of luck ... please tell me I can buy a Droid.

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Google Listen is a great podcast app and you can listen to anything via bluetooth; podcasts, pandora, youtube vids, etc.

3. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

Yes, you can buy a Droid! I listen to podcasts using Doggcatcher using a bluetooth headset (not sure if it has to be A2DP, mine is), and I also use a set of earbuds with an inline remote that allows for pause/play and a mic for phone use (got that at Radio Shack).

4. GlassWalkerTheurge

I was hoping for something general... but that looks brilliant. I am currently using BeyondPod, witch offers a android version that looks the bomb. Many thanks.

5. GlassWalkerTheurge

I use headphones when riding my bike. But at work ... they might think I am listening to music or podcasts or something.

6. GlassWalkerTheurge

In the FAQ for the program it states the following;
    I have a mono headset ... which does not support A2DP. Confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

7. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

This is something I have been doing a ton of research on. In order to listen to music/podcasts your bluetooth must support the a2dp bluetooth profile. This is a issue as most mono headsets don't support it.

I used podtrapper on the blackberry and it gave you the option to output to a mono device.

This is the only work around I have been able to find. Newegg.com - Jabra BT8010 Mono Bluetooth Headset - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories I ordered one and it works great for listening to my podcasts. The other benefit is I haven't been able to kill it in one day yet. I work a 8 hr shift and it lasts without a issue. They quit making this headset so I just ordered another 5 units. The sound is great and the volume is plenty loud. It is much better sounding the the jawbone prime I was using with my blackberry.

Now all I need is Audible to work on Android.

8. GlassWalkerTheurge

Android just needs a workaround. You can do it on the other platforms, I am hoping for this one soon.

The headset looks brilliant, but I was looking for a more generic fix to this problem.

9. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

I agree someone needs to make a program that supports mono bluetooth, but I wasn't willing to wait. And for $15 the headset was a great solution for me.

10. duranc

duranc Member

11. droidmark

droidmark New Member

Hey Duranc...

Are you saying that with root access you can direct sound to a mono bluetooth earpiece? Like others in the forum, I desperately want to listen to podcasts with my non-a2dp earpiece (like I could with my winmo phone).

12. GlassWalkerTheurge

i assume that each device has its Bluetooth profile stored locally, why cant i just edit it to be a2dp? when i say"i" i mean the ubiquitous i that includes anyone smart enough to figure it out :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk