listening to music and a call comes in..

Last Updated:

1. Wilson1660

Wilson1660 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am a newbie android phone user (formerly a BB user) and new to this site so forgive me if this has been asked before. I have the Samsung epic and downloaded music to listen to with my headphones. While listening to music, I tested calling my phone and the music changed and began playing my music ringtone. I also noticed that my "ringtone" was playing outloud also. Here is my question.... is there a better setting I can set so that my phone doesnt play my ringtone out loud when I am listening with my headphones. With how it is currently set, I can see it disturbing other people around my while in a cooffe shop, the gym, etc. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hey there Wilson1660!

Welcome dude,

Hmm,

Not too sure actually...

What options are available to you?

I think i see the problem now...it might not have a mic with the headset....dunno dude will have a looky for you!

3. Wilson1660

Wilson1660 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Stinky! You may be on to something here. The headphones I am using are basic ipod type music listening earphones. I was hoping to listen to music whle working out and be notified if a call or sms came in. Maybe its not possible with the ear buds Im using.

4. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hmm, try using the bundled head phones that came with it dude.... the standard headphones that come with iPods have no mic and won't be compatible with android os...

Hope this helps ya dude!

Let me know